Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Falconry

Falconry

Anyone into falconry on here please?

Been there and hunted a variety of birds problem ?
    ​Norma

Been into falconry virtually all my life. Flying a female gos in her 4th season. Just starting my 12th season flying eagles with a fresh young male golden eagle from my breeding pair .

Nelson.

gyr/saker and female harris

Just asking because i have a 13 year old daughter who is showing interest in taking it up after i took her to a falconry experience day.

Was that at the place near wragby?

I have a couple of books for falconry beginners here that your daughter is more than welcome to no charge other than postage

Quote Originally Posted by d foxxer View Post
    I have a couple of books for falconry beginners here that your daughter is more than welcome to no charge other than postage
    that is very kind. you have pm

The only bit of advise I give to folk thinking of starting it is imagine caring for a dog well doing hunting with any type of bird of prey in the correct way is ten times more than having a dog its not even a hobby it's a way of life and must be an obsession it destroyed a relationship of mine .on the other hand it's a wonderful thing if you want a bird to pop out of a tree for you but hunting proper requires 8 days a week ,lots try it because it seems well romantic .a rifle can be put away after cleaning and forgotten a bird of prey hmmm .
    good luck with whatever you choose to do .
    ​norma

Agree with Norma...not to be taken lightly.
    Having flown:

Sparrowhawk
    Buzzard
    Harris hawk
    Red Tailed hawk
    Peregrine

I can tell you it takes an enormous amount of time and effort to give these birds the exercise and work they need to flourish.
    Get an imprint and be prepared to be driven t distraction by the noise (unless its a red tail which tends to be quiet but are a real handful of a bird to manage)
    Below is a link to my website.
    Quad sticks