Mod lost in transit

lyon

Had my rifle shipped down to get re barrelled with mod and the rifle got to gun smith but missing the mod this happened yesterday spoke gun dealer that sent it and he spoke to delivery company and there looking in to it surely it should not take that long. The barrel is getting put on thursday so i am i a bit of a tight spot waiting to hear what happening to see if it turns up or get a new one that i should not pay for.
I would say it out of my hands but keep phoning gun dealer were its not his fault.
Any one know whats the fastest way of sorting it out?
​Thanks

Have you informed your police firearms dept ? As the mod is on you ticket they would need to know, italso might get the gunshop and courier looking a bit harder.

Had my rifle shipped down to get re barrelled with mod and the rifle got to gun smith but missing the mod this happened yesterday spoke gun dealer that sent it and he spoke to delivery company and there looking in to it surely it should not take that long. The barrel is getting put on thursday so i am i a bit of a tight spot waiting to hear what happening to see if it turns up or get a new one that i should not pay for.
I would say it out of my hands but keep phoning gun dealer were its not his fault.
Any one know whats the fastest way of sorting it out?
​Thanks

That is effectively a missing component firearm part.. I would agree.. you need to involve your firearms dept ASAP.. had the RFD signed the gun AND THE MOD AS A SEPERATE AITE into his register BEFORE it was shipped? If so, I would say legally you are in the clear but you may find yourself in bother if you dont let PLD know PDQ!

may be getting it wrong were both items within the same packaging ! if so then who removed it ?

That is effectively a missing component firearm part

If it is the ordinary kind of mod that can be used as an accessory to a rifle, shotgun or airgun, then it isn't clear to me how it can be considered a 'component firearm part'.

So was the mod in the same package and who packed it, if your local RFD sent its there fault and it is to them to inform the police as the gun had already been signed over to them, I know of a case where parcel force lost a gun for three days. so hold fire.

You need to contact you Firearms department ASAP.

If it is missing then you will be getting asked, why did you not report it sooner?

HH why, he booked his gun into his local gun dealer, it is now on there books, the questions would be asked of them not him. he only has there word that they sent it the have all he info, why do people on here not read the OP

I am waiting on my FAC should be here in the next couple of days, so the gun dealer will need to inform the PFD he will be doing this in the morning he has told me and see what happens, The mod was with rifle in the box so do not know what happened there.

HH why, he booked his gun into his local gun dealer, it is now on there books, the questions would be asked of them not him. he only has there word that they sent it the have all he info, why do people on here not read the OP

At the end of the day it is his mod on his FAC regardless of ho was in control of it. All im saying is if it was me, I would be doing everything I can.

At the end of the day it is his mod on his FAC regardless of ho was in control of it. All im saying is if it was me, I would be doing everything I can.
I have been phoning him every couple of hours to get updates but there is only so much i can do and the delivery company wont deal with me at all so i have to leave it up to the gun shop.

Doh it's now on the books of his chosen Local RFD as if in storage and will be on the books of the person doing the work.

I am waiting on my FAC should be here in the next couple of days, so the gun dealer will need to inform the PFD he will be doing this in the morning he has told me and see what happens, The mod was with rifle in the box so do not know what happened there.

So you don't have a FAC?

Back