Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: mounting solutions for rem 700's are crap.. what to do?!

mounting solutions for rem 700's are crap.. what to do?!

This is simple, I have a 375h&h remmy 700 that with a small scopes will work fine ie 2-7 in a one inch tube off weaver or standard bases, hell i've even got a rail that was ok with small scopes with standard weaver steel rings.

The problem is I was a real scope on my rifle in 3-12 ideally but as soon as you go to medium size and weight optics there's way to much recoil stress for the rings and mounts combinations I've tried. Aluminium, just forget that as an idea. Leopold std steel 2 piece bases and rings sheared at the locking screws on the rear mounts after 12 shots.

Common sense says one piece ring and bases combination in steel but I can't find a company that does this is 30mm to seat a zeiss duralyt. Thinking about binning the remington and getting a sako because optilocks are the shizzle. Any ideas before I do this?

Get the receiver
    tapped to M4 use a steel picatinny rail for starters then there are loads of mounts that won't move . TPS steel are good and fairly cheap.
    I use optiloc picatinny bases with optiloc rings there tested upto .50 cal.

The normal Leupold mounts are in fact the Redfield "Junior" design and were never meant to handle that amount of recoil or weight of scope. That there is a main part of your problem.

I have Apel swing off mounts on my 700 BDL. I will never buy another Remington as long as I live!

Third eye tactical one piece picatinny rail and their matching mounts would do fine I would expect

optilocks it is. I have steel weaver bases, sorted

The Leupold QRW rings are solid and a cross bar in the weaver slot. A colleague used them on a 460 Wby without a problem so should work on a .375, although he didn't have a heavy scope on it.

Quote Originally Posted by srvet View Post
    Third eye tactical one piece picatinny rail and their matching mounts would do fine I would expect
    +1. 7075T6 Alluminium. All Alluminium is not alike.

Yorkie.