Thread: An unknown reflex moderator.

An unknown reflex moderator.

I have a DM 80 reflex moderator, bought recently on a Heym 7x57. The chap I bought it from did not know what make it was, and neither did I until there were some kind posts which informed me of the make. To reassure you here are the Google images;https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=DM...&bih=653&dpr=1

http://s117.photobucket.com/user/Cin...show/Moderator

It is proofed and stamped 7x57, but there are no makers marks. It has a rear bush, but for a very light sporter barrel so there is plenty of room for reaming it out to fit a larger barrel.

The only marks on it are some small scratches on the paint. The moderator also has a strippable front reflex unit, being accessed from the front by means of a srewed cap. It weighs 592g and is 10.75" long and is threaded 1/2" UNF.

I will post photographs in a while. If anyone wants a cheap and hardly used 7mm moderator then 110 ONO will have it winging its way to your local RFD
    Last edited by flytie; 10-10-2013 at 12:37. Reason: Thread sizing added and attributions made.
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

DM80 by the looks of it, made by Dave Mercer, I think when the VCR act came in they were marketed by the Pigeon warehouse or a similar sounding shop

It's a DM 80. Good well made moderator what thread is it

Quote Originally Posted by jb7x57 View Post
    It's a DM 80. Good well made moderator what thread is it
    JB,

It's 1/2" UNF. I am sorry I should have posted that. I have amended the post thank you!

​Regards, Simon

Edit; I am only selling it because I have a titanium moderator coming for my 6.5x55 and I will then put my Jet-Z on the 7x57. I am going to keep the Jet-z because the thread inserts are easily changed and it is rated for .30 cal which I may well buy in the future. I like the Jet-Z, although it is a lump, they are good to use on the range.
    Last edited by flytie; 10-10-2013 at 12:33. Reason: Altzie moments.
    Blindness to suffering is an inherent consequence of natural selection. Nature is neither kind nor cruel but fiercely indifferent.

I take it the mods on ticket? If so how much would the RFD charge be your end?

cheers
    ​Ben

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Bain View Post
    I take it the mods on ticket? If so how much would the RFD charge be your end?

cheers
    ​Ben
    Ben,

I have a friend who is an RFD and the charge from him is included in the price that is posted.

​Would your RFD charge you to to recieve it? If so we could meet halfway and transfer it face to face on our FAC's.

Regards, Simon

I am closing this post and am going to re-advertise as I now know what this moderator is. Thank you all for your help!
    Last edited by flytie; 13-10-2013 at 14:06.