Talk about bloomin' impulse purchases, it must be my age!

tikkathreebarrels

Well after 18 months of reducing my firearms down from over 2 dozen to just three: .22 Sako Range, .243 Tikka M590 and 6mm BR Tikka M55, I've gone and bought a 7mm WSM!

What? :eek:

I had been shooting much, much less it's true hence the big sell-off. But I had this vacant .284 slot so the 1-for-1 variation has gone off after a quick chat with the helpful people at Suffolk FLA and I'm looking forward to then being able to start working up loads for long range plinking and the odd big or long range deer.

Will I love it? How can I tell.

Working part-time on pension definitely helps - more playing out time.

But you know you have to go with your instincts and impulse purchases can be good things.

Good on you.
Retail therapy is good for the soul :D. Life is too short not to.
When i first started shooting i desparately wanted an FN FAL and a Garand. They are Banned now so will never have one.
When i shot Pistols i ached for an STI Infinity Pistol.They are Banned now so will never have one.
My attitude now is if i want to upgrade my gear and can find the money i get it.

Yorkie.

7 mm WSM brass availability seems to have recovered somewhat lately, if yours is a Howa, beware of necked down .300 WSM brass, my rifle will shoot it ok, just the extractor hasn't enough brass to grip for ejecting.

Good on you.
Retail therapy is good for the soul :D. Life is too short not to.
When i first started shooting i desparately wanted an FN FAL and a Garand. They are Banned now so will never have one.
When i shot Pistols i ached for an STI Infinity Pistol.They are Banned now so will never have one.
My attitude now is if i want to upgrade my gear and can find the money i get it.

Yorkie.

Bloody good point.

Back