Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: LACS at it again

Blog Entries

LACS at it again

Saw on BBC Breakfast a piece "sponsored by LACS" Apparently only 7 Red Deer Stags on the Quantocks due to Hunting.

How come their PR dept gets so much more attention?
    Yes I should have taken the Blue Pill!

We were so busy congratulating ourself of dodging Orwells vision we marched right into Huxley's.

Perhaps because dear ole Blair an brown loaded the BBC with their sad leftest sickos.

Then again it might just be that like loose tarts they get lots of attention.

If there are only 7 left, I bet they are in better health than the ones unfortunate to be on LACS land!

The antis really have got their feet under the table at the BBC as have many leftie factions unfortunately and the best of it all is we have no other way of showing disgust other than making a complaint as we are bound by law to have a bloody TV license if we have a TV or device capable of receiving transmissions!

Quote Originally Posted by perdix View Post
    The antis really have got their feet under the table at the BBC as have many leftie factions unfortunately and the best of it all is we have no other way of showing disgust other than making a complaint as we are bound by law to have a bloody TV license if we have a TV or device capable of receiving transmissions!
    You only need a license if you use your device to watch or record live television. You don't need a license to watch dvds & blurays, or to watch catch up services like iplayer, or to play game consoles.

I read somewhere else that there was only 7 mature stags left. Could well be true. A decent hat rack can be a death sentence where land holdings are small. I was told a few years ago that there were only two mature Red Stags left in the entire New Forest at that time, as every time one stepped off 'managed' ground where they were afforded some kind of sanctuary some body shot it.

Quote Originally Posted by SneakyD View Post
    You only need a license if you use your device to watch or record live television. You don't need a license to watch dvds & blurays, or to watch catch up services like iplayer, or to play game consoles.
    Any device capable of receiving a transmission is liable - so if you have a tv with a tuner in it then your liable if you use it or not

Quote Originally Posted by aaronbott View Post
    Any device capable of receiving a transmission is liable - so if you have a tv with a tuner in it then your liable if you use it or not
    ​That's how I understood it but I may be wrong

This is correct - my father rarely watched television and only had a licence at Christmas. He would then write to the licensing authority stating that he did not watch television for the remainder of the year and they sent him a refund!

This is correct. I do not watch live television as it is being broadcast but I have a big flat screed tv run by my mac that plays all the 'on demand' programs, itunes films and dvds. Although I can stream live tv from the mac I don't as I have no interest in sport and find other ways to watch the news stories.

It really winds me up how TV Licensing threaten with letters and make you feel you have to prove your innocence to them. This is one very good example of media power in this country. No other organisation would get away with it. They recently started sending letters again and I was ignoring them out of principle and legally you are under no obligation to cooperate. I have it on good authority that they have very few real powers but talk their way into peoples homes etc. They do take people to court but without any evidence they can't prosecute. If you have done nothing wrong what can they do?

My other half talked sense to me and I gave in and went online and signed the declaration. More hassle than it's worth when you have a firearms certificate I think!

Quote Originally Posted by aaronbott View Post
    Not true. It is intentional of TV licensing in the way they advertise that gives people these wrong impressions. If the device is not tuned to any stations and not plugged into an ariel then you are not watching live television as it is being broadcast. They still cannot prove if you are watching live television on a computer connection although I'm sure it won't be long before big brother finds a way to snoop into this.