Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preparation for the hunt.

Preparation for the hunt.

Just got through stripping, de-greasing, & de-crudding the bolt off the Finnbear, amazing how soon stuff gets in there, particularly (no pun), any fluff from carrying in a pocket occasionally, a good sluicing in fresh meths, a blast out with the airline, a light application of low temperature lubricant, re fit & test dry fire..... good to go.. Now, as they say on the Chris Evans show, Only 40 sleeps to go!.

And a little more Linseed today, for the woodwork..
    Last edited by finnbear270; 13-10-2013 at 08:41.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Quote Originally Posted by finnbear270 View Post
    Just got through stripping, de-greasing, & de-crudding the bolt off the Finnbear, amazing how soon stuff gets in there, particularly (no pun), any fluff from carrying in a pocket occasionally, a good sluicing in fresh meths, a blast out with the airline, a light application of low temperature lubricant, re fit & test dry fire..... good to go.. Now, as they say on the Chris Evans show, Only 40 sleeps to go!.

And a little more Linseed today, for the woodwork..

Good luck on the hunt. The debris is a good reason to keep the bolt where it belongs ...................................... in the action.

Sadly not always possible. When I flew with a rifle I put it inside a self sealing plastic bag with a bit of anti rust paper.

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    Good luck on the hunt. The debris is a good reason to keep the bolt where it belongs ...................................... in the action.

Sadly not always possible. When I flew with a rifle I put it inside a self sealing plastic bag with a bit of anti rust paper.
    Agreed Kev, but I can't settle to a pint if the bolt isn't in my pocket.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Agreed Kev, but I can't settle to a pint if the bolt isn't in my pocket.
    Best of luck, I'm off to Scotland in a couple of weeks so need to do the same to mine after my load development at the weekend.

What low temp lubricant have you used Steve?
    "you've only got three choices in life - give up, give in or give it all you've got"

ACF 50, It's a very light oil, most people are using it for M/cycle winter protection.

Looks like a good product to use that Steve, I have been using a Rustilo product (much the same as this) but my supply is coming to an end so need to find a suitable replacement - this should do it :-) Cheers
    "you've only got three choices in life - give up, give in or give it all you've got"

Got the old Lundhags off the shelf yesterday, amazing what you can find deep down in the welt with a fork tine, looked a bit like Arran peat bog stuff, A good clean & application of Granger's G wax, another bit of gear sorted, Nikwax wash in proofer is also on it's way here for the jacket.

ACF 50, It's a very light oil, most people are using it for M/cycle winter protection.
    How cold?~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    How cold?~Muir

Not sure Andy, but it must be pretty tolerant to low temps where your Navy jet jocks get to.
    Lear Chemical Research Corporation