123 gr sst in 6.5 x 55

big ears

These say they are for 6.5 Grendel but has anyone used them in the 6.5 x 55?
did you have any issues with them not being robust enough?

cheers

​BE

Can't see that they would be very different to the 129g SST which is very successful in the Swede.

​It must be a couple of percent shorter, unless Hornady play with the ogive.

Only what I have heard from others but the folk that shoot the lighter stuff from the swede seem to have to push it pretty fast for it to work. Happier with lobbing a heavier bullet at slower speed. I will put these theories to the test when I collect mine.

Only what I have heard from others but the folk that shoot the lighter stuff from the swede seem to have to push it pretty fast for it to work. Happier with lobbing a heavier bullet at slower speed. I will put these theories to the test when I collect mine.

Spot on...

My x55 prefers 140gr SSTs at 2,660fps to anything else

Spot on...

My x55 prefers 140gr SSTs at 2,660fps to anything else
I know about the 140gr but just picked up my T3 swede and the only factory ammo I could buy was 120gr Norma/Nosler and it grouped at 0.75" so thought I my try and load something similar. The box says 860 mps which I think us about 2800 fps which does not seem too excessive. Liked the idea of SST hence the 123gr.

I started off with 120 grain norma/nosler bullets like you big ears, out of my t3 swede. I know use 140g sst and have found that they group just as well and to almost the same point of impact, so i wouldn't worry too much about the variant in bullet weights, although saying that it could obviously be different in your rifle. Unfortunately i dont have any load data for the 123gr, but i would say just experiment with all different weights until you can find something which groups well and that you like.
Just my thoughts!
Cam

Back