Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nightmaster 800 degree light

Nightmaster 800 degree light

Has anyone any views on the nightmaster 800 dereelight good or bad,
    I am thinking on buying a red filtered one for fox control.

ive got 2 of them they are excellent i use one for spotting and one on top of the rifle, it has transformed lamping and makes solo lamping a doddle

A great wee torch, shame about the price we have to for them

​Al

I have one with IR for use with an NV spotter, it's very powerful and requires to be on the lowest setting and carefully angled so as not to white out the picture.
    I wasn't massively impressed with the white LED, but the green is exceptional, and a few on here have said how good the red is.
    The build quality IMO whilst good is not,to me, quite that of say Fenix, but still very sturdy.
    I'd say buy the kit with the mount and the charger. I made the mistake of buying the fancy adjustable mount, which whilst it is neccessary on the spotter for the reasons I've mentioned above, it is a wee bit bulky, and the quick mount that comes in the kit is adequate for mounting on a scope.

Quote Originally Posted by 223 View Post
    ive got 2 of them they are excellent i use one for spotting and one on top of the rifle, it has transformed lamping and makes solo lamping a doddle
    Night master X-Searcher on top of scope, NM 800 for spotting, was converted to them by griffshrek, as above excellent bit of kit. Think the days of big batteries are numbered.

Great bit of kit I have an IR turbo kit and a red led in a spare neck section. So far I have only used the red led and think its magic. On the first 2 outings I shot 7 foxes and it didn't seem to spook anything. I also bought a couple of the rings with weaver rails on top of them and a fully adjustable mount. It's a bit fiddly but once set up you can take it off and fit it again and it points in the right place, I can even swap it between my 222 and 25-06 without having to adjust it.

Rick

Thanks for the replies seems a good bit of kit, would it be worth paying the extra tenner
    to get the stronger led ?

got the ir for the photon also just got the green bulb and body both of the are very good and work well

Got a red 800 cant fault its beam & power for a pocket torch ATB Steve

Quote Originally Posted by reddeerstalker View Post
    Has anyone any views on the nightmaster 800 dereelight good or bad,
    I am thinking on buying a red filtered one for fox control.
    It is not actually a red filter, it is a red LED, and that is exactly the selling point. With a red filter in front of white light you loose a lot of the power, this torch doesn't suffer from that issue.
    I have seen the NM800 Red in action recently and was well impressed - having to wear glasses and with some colour blindness issues I struggle to see with a traditional white lamp but this seemed to work for me - I wear Zeiss prescription shooting glasses with yellow tinted lenses for low light conditions (Better definition) and this worked very well with the red LED NM800.
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....