Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Badger cull

Badger cull

Interesting piece on Radio 4 last week about the cull, discussion over how many have been culled against the numbers on the ground....

anyway that aside, it got me thinking, we know that trained marksmen are being used to perform is task, but does anyone know what rounds are being used? I can't imagine they are the easiest thrifts to cull? I've often seen them whilst out lambing and they never sit under the lamp, so I'd guess it would be moving shots?

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...e-20130517.pdf

DEFRA guidance available at the above link.

Thabks for the link - very helpful and just what I was after.

thermal imaging and nv the task wouldnt be too hard me thinks , it would be all the nutters/protesters walking around the fields in the dead of the night what would be the issue

Woman charged with attempting to steal a firearm in badger cull zone From Stroud News and Journal)

Clocked this online this morning, I couldn't believe it when I read it! I'm guessing the Anti's are getting more and more aggressive and desperate to stop the cull.

OT I believe it would fall under expanding ammunition and using bait points with NV/ Thermal with minimal lamping and definitely not shooting on the run!

Quote Originally Posted by ths84 View Post
    Woman charged with attempting to steal a firearm in badger cull zone From Stroud News and Journal)

Clocked this online this morning, I couldn't believe it when I read it! I'm guessing the Anti's are getting more and more aggressive and desperate to stop the cull.

OT I believe it would fall under expanding ammunition and using bait points with NV/ Thermal with minimal lamping and definitely not shooting on the run!
    Looks like she's one of the professional protestors that travel about protesting about anything that their benefits will get them to !
    living in merseyside and travelling to gloucestershire to protest. Am sure my boss would be fully understanding if I put in a holiday request for that ????

The whole caboodle should never have been publicised in the first instance. It was almost like the government were inciting a riot.
    Silence is golden.
    https://www.justgiving.com/John-Slee/
    "He who kills sow with piglets empties the forest of boar" My neighbours dad on new years eve 2011.

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    The whole caboodle should never have been publicised in the first instance. It was almost like the government were inciting a riot.
    Silence is golden.
    Should have just stuck them on the General Licence and let land owners crack on, rather than insisting tthe farmers pay through the nose for contractors. What makes Brock so different from Charlie?

She must have been desperate to kill a badger if she was prepared to steal a gun to do it