Thread: New cz 527

New cz 527

I bought my first rifle yesterday a as new Cz 527 in.223 with walnut stock I fitted the scope from my old air rifle today a 6x40 Nikko gold crown. I zeroed it at 100yds and it was shooting 1 inch groups I was impressed to say the least. On the way back across the fields in land rover I spotted a crow about 80yds out I could not resist so I shot it, it was a bit like cracking an egg with a sledge hammer.
    I was meant to be buying a 22 from my mate who had put it in to a rfd to store as his licence had expired but when we went to get it the guy had sold it. So now I need to find a cheap .22 semi auto anyone got owt going. Another mate has offered me his pump action but it would mean sending my licence back to change from semi auto to pump action

Why, isn't the vacant slot on your FAC simply marked as One .22 rimfire rifle?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post
    Why, isn't the vacant slot on your FAC simply marked as One .22 rimfire rifle?

Because many forces insist the action type is stated, mine always have and I know of other areas that are the same.

Regards,
    ​Gixer

That's plain silly especially as this is his only .22 rifle. It severely and unnecessarily restricts what he can purchase.

Try living in Durham, they make you specify action and chambering!, cross over into Northumbria and it's completely sensible again.

ie.
    Northumbria, 1 x .30cal rifle for target shooting

Durham, 1 x .308 or 7.62x51 bolt action rifle for target shooting with xxxxx club

And, Durham are now issuing an additional form with SGC/FAC grants & renewals that applicants have to fill in and take to their GP (along with a copy of the first page of their application) and pay whatever fees the GP charges to release their medical information to the police. This of course is already part of the official SGC/FAC application form, Durham are trying to get applicants to pay the GP fees on top of the licensing fees.
    There's room for all Gods creatures ........... right next to the mash and gravy

It does seem silly. I would have opted for a bolt action but as I was offered the rugger at sensible money and I knew it was a good rifle I am now in a position were I have to buy a semi auto or apply for a variation on my fac.
    All because of a idiot who sells guns left in his care without even consulting the owner.

"All because of a idiot who sells guns left in his care without even consulting the owner".

That's a bit strong Mark, the dealer can't have sold it if it was only "left in his care". It sounds as if an informal agreement was reached and that a proper formal arrangement including the correct receipt/instructions wasn't made.

It shouldn't be too difficult to get the necessary amendment to your ticket if you submit the paperwork and also explain the situation to the police firearms department, and they should be able to do it almost by return of post if they have a mind to. Why not drop the firearms department an email and explain it to them, you never know they may be reasonable and send an amended FAC straight out and ask you to return the current certificate. Speak to them nicely and you may be surprised how reasonable they can be.

P.S. There is only one G in Ruger.