Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How long do you tumble for?

How long do you tumble for?

Just wondering how long you tumble your cases for, usally after an hour they looke pretty good on teh outside but what are you using media and tumbler wise and for how long?

Regards,

Gixer

Stainless pins and thumler tumbler 2-3 hours and spotless inside and out.

i just leave them till to go for a few hrs say 4hrs feller if they are still dirty walk away, i use a ultrasonic as well but i tend to use the corn and t'cut mix to polish them up. and the ultra to remove any unwanted dust and bits inside the case's . i spin my case's up and brush the inside neck after both types of cleaning just cos i like shiny things

Quote Originally Posted by paul o' View Post
    just cos i like shiny things
    I have to admit I do like them shiney too! quite often I will remove a round from my magazine if it's been in there too long and looks all dull and change it for a new shiney one and shoot the dull one at a target...

Regards,

Gixer

I got a friend that does target shooting that accidentally forgot and left some .308 cases tumbling in his summer house for 3 weeks!!
    Other than having to wear sunglasses when reloading them, there seemed to be no other adverse effects!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    I got a friend that does target shooting that accidentally forgot and left some .308 cases tumbling in his summer house for 3 weeks!!
    Other than having to wear sunglasses when reloading them, there seemed to be no other adverse effects!
    MS
    excellent...wonder if the tumblers are expensive to run? never actually checked!

Quote Originally Posted by gixer1 View Post
    I have to admit I do like them shiney too! quite often I will remove a round from my magazine if it's been in there too long and looks all dull and change it for a new shiney one and shoot the dull one at a target...

Regards,

Gixer

i'am not that bad but if i drop a lap case from the high seat i am like a dog who lost his ball even my primer pockets are shiny i feel if i can see inside the case that to should be shiny as well yup iam one sick sad puppy buy as si would say hay hay happy happy

I had a ledge break away from under my motorcycle in the back country. I tumbled about 75 feet down hill. Took about 5 seconds, mebbe? That's all the tumbling I ever do. The fetish for shiney cases? Never. Clean cases? Always. ~Muir

Quote Originally Posted by Muir View Post
    I had a ledge break away from under my motorcycle in the back country. I tumbled about 75 feet down hill. Took about 5 seconds, mebbe? That's all the tumbling I ever do. The fetish for shiney cases? Never. Clean cases? Always. ~Muir
    no wonder it broke away under those heavy harley davidson pig iron machines....

and you you being from the the land of the free will most likely be a little heavier than the average ballerina too...

Only kidding muir!

regards,
    ​Gixer

Quote Originally Posted by gixer1 View Post
    no wonder it broke away under those heavy harley davidson pig iron machines....

and you you being from the the land of the free will most likely be a little heavier than the average ballerina too...

Only kidding muir!

regards,
    ​Gixer
    Harley's suck! Owned on decades ago and hated it.

I ride a Trail Breaker.

http://www.rokon.com

Being 2 wheel drive, this bike must be driven, not ridden, so I suspect most pasty, under-fed, frail Brits wouldn't be able to travel far in the mountains without a lengthy rest. ~Muir