How long do you tumble for?

gixer1

Just wondering how long you tumble your cases for, usally after an hour they looke pretty good on teh outside but what are you using media and tumbler wise and for how long?

Regards,

Gixer

i just leave them till to go for a few hrs say 4hrs feller if they are still dirty walk away, i use a ultrasonic as well but i tend to use the corn and t'cut mix to polish them up. and the ultra to remove any unwanted dust and bits inside the case's . i spin my case's up and brush the inside neck after both types of cleaning just cos i like shiny things

just cos i like shiny things
:rofl: I have to admit I do like them shiney too! quite often I will remove a round from my magazine if it's been in there too long and looks all dull and change it for a new shiney one and shoot the dull one at a target...:oops:

Regards,

Gixer

I got a friend that does target shooting that accidentally forgot and left some .308 cases tumbling in his summer house for 3 weeks!!:eek:
Other than having to wear sunglasses when reloading them, there seemed to be no other adverse effects!:lol:
MS

I got a friend that does target shooting that accidentally forgot and left some .308 cases tumbling in his summer house for 3 weeks!!:eek:
Other than having to wear sunglasses when reloading them, there seemed to be no other adverse effects!:lol:
MS
:rofl: excellent...wonder if the tumblers are expensive to run? never actually checked!

:rofl: I have to admit I do like them shiney too! quite often I will remove a round from my magazine if it's been in there too long and looks all dull and change it for a new shiney one and shoot the dull one at a target...:oops:

Regards,

Gixer

i'am not that bad but if i drop a lap case from the high seat i am like a dog who lost his ball :eek: even my primer pockets are shiny :norty: i feel if i can see inside the case that to should be shiny as well yup iam one sick sad puppy buy as si would say hay hay happy happy :rofl:

I had a ledge break away from under my motorcycle in the back country. I tumbled about 75 feet down hill. Took about 5 seconds, mebbe? That's all the tumbling I ever do. The fetish for shiney cases? Never. Clean cases? Always. ~Muir

I had a ledge break away from under my motorcycle in the back country. I tumbled about 75 feet down hill. Took about 5 seconds, mebbe? That's all the tumbling I ever do. The fetish for shiney cases? Never. Clean cases? Always. ~Muir

no wonder it broke away under those heavy harley davidson pig iron machines....

and you you being from the the land of the free will most likely be a little heavier than the average ballerina too...:rofl:

Only kidding muir!

regards,
​Gixer

no wonder it broke away under those heavy harley davidson pig iron machines....

and you you being from the the land of the free will most likely be a little heavier than the average ballerina too...:rofl:

Only kidding muir!

regards,
​Gixer

:D Harley's suck! Owned on decades ago and hated it.

I ride a Trail Breaker.

http://www.rokon.com

Being 2 wheel drive, this bike must be driven, not ridden, so I suspect most pasty, under-fed, frail Brits wouldn't be able to travel far in the mountains without a lengthy rest. ;)~Muir

Muir your a STAR :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:. How's the pumpkin pie makin goin remember me whenya scoffin it.

Kind regards Jimbo

clean is good, shiney was for showing of at bisley............mine is better than your's etc.

never again

bob.

Crikey, I have re-loaded thousands of centre-fire rifle cartridges over a 52 year period and NEVER tumbled even one case .
Hundreds of deer shot shot and thousands of vermin species, plus competitions won.
Where oh where have I gone wrong ?

HWH.

Crikey, I have re-loaded thousands of centre-fire rifle cartridges over a 52 year period and NEVER tumbled even one case .
Hundreds of deer shot shot and thousands of vermin species, plus competitions won.
Where oh where have I gone wrong ?

HWH.

No where Stag you did it right. ;)

Jimbo

:D Harley's suck! Owned on decades ago and hated it.

I ride a Trail Breaker.

http://www.rokon.com

Being 2 wheel drive, this bike must be driven, not ridden, so I suspect most pasty, under-fed, frail Brits wouldn't be able to travel far in the mountains without a lengthy rest. ;)~Muir

Yeah, we have them here too...or a variant, and I suspect the Brits may struggle with them....if I was a Brit I'd avoid them...;)

Regards,
​Gixer

Yeah, we have them here too...or a variant, and I suspect the Brits may struggle with them....if I was a Brit I'd avoid them...;)

Regards,
​Gixer

It's a variant all right, and but not a very good one! What are those things called?? looked them up once. These Rokon bikes have been in constant production for 50 years now and are very nimble @ 185 pounds. I take mine on day rides as long as 55 miles through the Wyoming mountains following goat paths and such at 8 to 10K elevation. A gps, a compass, and a map; who needs roads? I love the thing.

Point taken about being a Brit. My apologies. :D ~Muir

Last edited:

Regards,

Gixer

You might want to see a doctor about that.

Add glug of Braso and leave to mature in a covered area for two days. Preferably when plugged into a roof outlet socket 23 Floors above your Office as its cheaper that way.:D

Reloading prep is for either the commute or a paid lunch break.;)

Cheers

K

It's a variant all right, and but not a very good one! What are those things called?? looked them up once. These Rokon bikes have been in constant production for 50 years now and are very nimble @ 185 pounds. I take mine on day rides as long as 55 miles through the Wyoming mountains following goat paths and such at 8 to 10K elevation. A gps, a compass, and a map; who needs roads? I love the thing.

Point taken about being a Brit. My apologies. :D ~Muir

I can't remember what they were called but there used to be one mounted on top of a sign at the side of a road somewhere up north of scotland....cant remember what it was called though!

If only the UK didn't suffer from everthing rusting and corroding away...1950's vehicles are a daily sight in the states but you take that same machinary to the UK and it disintegrates within a decade! you want to prove the Rokon?.... give it to a highland keeper for a few years through the wet and rainy winters!

No need to appologise - I'm a Heinz 57....;)

On the tumbler - I have found it a revelation to walk away and leave it working away! i don't suppose it makes an ounce of difference in the accuracy but i guess it makes the cases easier to inspect so the safety aspect is worth the £60 spend i guess!

regards,

Gixer

Back