Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lab spec double chiller with digital temp control

Lab spec double chiller with digital temp control

I bought this chiller on a whim recently with the idea being I would be using it on the farm to chill the vast amounts of muntjac I would be shooting and it was too good to pass up!!

Unfortunately it's up for sale due to a) I'm not going to be shooting loads of deer, b) the workshop where I was going to keep it on the farm is now down for demolition to make way for a new barn and c) it's too flaming big to put in my garage with all the other stuff I keep in there!!

The bumf

Labcold double chiller with digital temperature control so when you put stuff in it automatically changes to maintain temp. Runs off a normal 3 pin household plug and is on 6 wheels.
    Recently PAT tested and serviced not too long ago. I'm trying to find out when but it was used regularly up to a few weeks ago.
    Fitted with stainless shelves which are adjustable, but I was going to rig up a couple of rails to hang the deer from instead.
    I'm sure it has the ability to wire to an alarm in case of power failure or a drop in temp, etc. It may even have it built in already, which I will find out when I hopefully get the manual sent via pdf from Labcold themselves, as I know the new model does.
    Approx internal size 500mm deep x 1500mm wide x 1600mm high. (Will confirm tmoro when I'm back at the farm)
    Has lockable doors but at the minute I can't locate the keys. I may be able to get some replacements though but can't guarantee it, so assume not for now.

Incidentally this is the link to the new model that retails at just under 6k!!! http://www.medicalrefrigeration.co.u...oducts_id=1662 Hence the reason for buying this one below!!

I'd like to get as close to the 650 I paid for it if possible or I would swap it for a mint pair of Swaro bins preferably having had a recent service, etc.

You are more than welcome to come and view it and I will also gladly get a truck or trailer from work and deliver it within 60 miles of Peterborough if you'll cover the fuel cost. I'd want a deposit to secure though please if this option was taken,

Cheers

Stratts

Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

I'll consider a sensible offer but I can't afford to lose too much on this chaps. I'd rather stock it with beer!!

Cheers

Hi Stratts,

Is that a solid wall between the the doors making it to seperate chills or is that a partition that can be removed to make it into one large chill?

Cheers BB

Hi mate I'll go check it later at the farm as I can't remember but I'm sure it is completely open as one big chiller and the pillar in the front is just to close the doors against (which can't be removed). It would be pretty easy to put a stainless dividing plate in if needed, but the whole chiller would still be the same temp I guess,

Stratts

Ok here's a couple more pics of the inside of the chiller showing the shelf adjustment possible and it is defo one large compartment which can have rails modded to hang game and deer from. Or loads of tinnies on the shelves!!

The external dimensions are 700mm deep x 1670mm wide x 2030mm high and internal 550mm deep x 1580mm wide x 1350mm high.

Any other queries please shout,

Stratts

Will you post to watford Stratts ? lol
    Last edited by Evillemon; 23-10-2013 at 13:47.

I can get a flatbed truck from work and gladly drive it down matey I would just need the diesel paying for to keep the gaffer happy. And a couple more pairs of hands to slide it off your end!!

Cheers

What actaully happened with the munties Stratts, i thought that farmer was on the way to giving you the permission to shoot them ?

Got permission mate but only '1 or 2' for the freezer off that land which is why the chiller is overkill for my needs, for now! We'll soon eat up any I'm allowed to shoot and after 5 outings I'm still waiting to shoot my 1st!!!!

Tbh I was probably hasty buying it but it was too good a deal to pass up I thought, although I'd now be looking through some top end 2nd hand bins if I hadn't, lol!!

Quote Originally Posted by stratts View Post
    Got permission mate but only '1 or 2' for the freezer off that land which is why the chiller is overkill for my needs, for now! We'll soon eat up any I'm allowed to shoot and after 5 outings I'm still waiting to shoot my 1st!!!!

Tbh I was probably hasty buying it but it was too good a deal to pass up I thought, although I'd now be looking through some top end 2nd hand bins if I hadn't, lol!!
    Oh well, least the farmers gonna let you shoot a few of them. Its a start isnt it ?
    Probably did jump the gun a bit with the giant chiller though LOL ...wonder how many bunnies you can fit in it ??