Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brno mod 2 bolt problems

Brno mod 2 bolt problems

​Hi guys was out last nite fired couple shots then got a misfire then couldnt get the safety to engage and noticed the bolt handle very loose just up slightly from the fully cycled position took the bolt apart but firing pin looks fine etc but seemed very week when dry firing,and wouldnt fire any rounds,checked it again today and now in the cocked position to put in action but when i cycle the bolt it un cocks again any ideas please tks.

Sounds like a weak spring might be worth replacement not expensive or hard job to carry out

Would that stop the bolt cycling etc as i say you have to cock it to get it in the action and when you cycle it down it un cocks,where would i get a spring in the UK tks jim

Let me get this straight it uncocks when you close the bolt?

Have you done anything to the trigger such as trying to adjust it, and the trigger blade returns to it's normal position and isn't sloppy?
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Hi 8x57 i fitted a new thumbhole stock and have fired about 100 rds since the it has a yo dave kit but i just used the spring,and that was a while ago the spring was supposed to be a xtra strong one from Canada i got it wth the kit,i managed to stretch it about 3/4" last nite as i thought of weak spring but couple dry fires it was back to same size,checked it to day and wont even fire tks

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post

Have you done anything to the trigger such as trying to adjust it, and the trigger blade returns to it's normal position and isn't sloppy?
    That was my question. I would check the trigger mechanism.~Muir

Hows the best way to do that i have took the action backout the stock and can see the lever going up and down when trigger pulled tks

But is the lever (I take you mean the sear) holding once cocked, or does the firing pin not catch on the sear.
    Have you checked the + rated firing pin spring against the old original one.
    I have heard of problems with the Yodave + Spring, the jP Custom spring is the one to have, the yodave is apparently
    a cheap copy, and little better than the stock spring which is wound from piano wire.
    If you measure the spring length of the one you are using and post it here, i'll measure mine later as a comparison.

Neil.

Thanks Neil i cant for the love of me remember where i put the rest of the kit where can i buy jp custom one and would the strength of the spring have any bearing on the problem,ps as i said stretched the spring put it in the bolt cycled twice and had lost the 3/4" i stretched lol tks

Quote Originally Posted by 8x57 View Post

You've assembled it wrong thats all. i've done it a few times before...take apart and re assemble until you get it right...weak spring or trigger...b*llockz!