Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ​Perhaps S&B can learn something from these guys!

​Perhaps S&B can learn something from these guys!

Following on from the thread about bewsher500 and his broken S&B scope, perhaps S&B should take a leaf out of this book!

ha, seen that before, interesting watching

they are well made but I would really like to find the extremely high frame rate video of moderated and unmoderated firing that Swarovski apparently commissioned

sadly according to some American friends getting Leupold to even admit one of the scopes has a problem is like getting a politician to tell the truth ....................................... nigh on impossible. Several now won't buy any Leupold products due to this issue The warranty looks good on paper and sounds good however the reality is a whole different story.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    sadly according to some American friends getting Leupold to even admit one of the scopes has a problem is like getting a politician to tell the truth ....................................... nigh on impossible. Several now won't buy any Leupold products due to this issue The warranty looks good on paper and sounds good however the reality is a whole different story.
    I'd suggest you direct them here for a read then: Leupold vs. Vortex [Archive] - TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums Plenty of examples of people who've received exemplary service from Leupold....and that was just the first link I pulled from Google with posts from this year.

A good friend sent his Leupold scope in from the UK and received a new one back. No questions asked. I'd say that's pretty good service.

As their website states:

Leupold and Stevens, Inc. is an American, family-owned, fifth-generation company that has been designing, machining, and assembling precision optical instruments for 100 years. Leupold’sŪ success has been built on our commitment to your absolute satisfaction, and our commitment to building the best optics for the shooting sports and for the law enforcement / military community. It’s for these reasons that we offer the Leupold Full Lifetime Guarantee.

If any Leupold Golden RingŪ product is found to have defects in materials or workmanship, Leupold & Stevens, Inc. will, at its option, repair or replace it. FREE. Even if you are not the original owner. No warranty card is required. No time limit applies. Warranty is void if damage results from unauthorized repair, alteration, or misuse.

How did your friends find Leupold wriggled out of that?

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

I had a Leupold Warranty claim and the service i recieved was exemplary. The Illuminated Reticle was faulty so i sent it to GMK. They in turn sent it to Leupold service centre in Germany where it was repaired and fully checked over and returned in a few weeks. I bought it second hand too. Abolutely no Quibble and it only cost me the Postage to GMK.

Yorkie.

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    Quote Originally Posted by bewsher500 View Post
    I would really like to find the extremely high frame rate video of moderated and unmoderated firing that Swarovski apparently commissioned
    My guess is that this whole video story is an urban myth.

If they had commissioned a video like that why would they not have released it? It would surely be in their interest given warranty claims for damaged reticules? Given how often it is cited in threads it is frankly bizarre that no-one has apparently found, let alone posted, a link to the video.

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

Well as good as thier customer service may be I'll not be buying any leupold scopes I've looked through a few and quality wise they arent anywhere near zeiss s&b and swaro to name a few , yes brithunter is correct the Americans and Canadians really believe leupold are the best quality out there simply because they're made in USA:/
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Well as good as thier customer service may be I'll not be buying any leupold scopes I've looked through a few and quality wise they arent anywhere near zeiss s&b and swaro to name a few , yes brithunter is correct the Americans and Canadians really believe leupold are the best quality out there simply because they're made in USA:/

I think the americans hunt far more than us and a larger number of quarry. Also asking all my African buddies there do not seem to be many zeiss and such used out there.

Quote Originally Posted by howy308 View Post
    I think the americans hunt far more than us and a larger number of quarry. Also asking all my African buddies there do not seem to be many zeiss and such used out there.
    Wekl I've lived in Canada and have American relatives and due to the tagging system that only allows you so many animals a year I'd say your wrong mate , your average Canadian only takes a half dozen big game animals a year if that , they shoot a fair amount of coyotes and vermin though
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

That was a lousy group in that video, maybe he should get that scope checked.
    I had a Leupold that had a loose lense, warranty was no problem and it was fixed in Germany.
    Leupolds are very light weight and glass is OK.
    edi