Thread: #537, 'Muntjac' knife in SF100 and G10...

#537, 'Muntjac' knife in SF100 and G10...

I have a knife to offer and thought I would do it here, it is not one of the subjects in my WIP thread but it is the same as one of the two patterns in there, for that reason I am going to price this at my target price for those...

This is the one...

Overall the Muntjac measures in at 180mm, 80mm of that accounting for the cutting edge, in this case that cutting edge is achieved by the addition of a micro convex applied to a full and flat grind blade grind...

Steel is a Sheffield made Stainless Steel, SF100 grade, a superb user of a steel, takes and holds a keen edge yet remains serviceable, stropping a little and often will see #537 ony improve with age...

The olive green G10 scales reside over a tapering tang and are secured by a duo of stainless steel hidden bolts, the flash of contrast you may see between them and the full tang a result of it's black vulcanised liners, the lanyard hole is of course lined with stainless steel to complement...

As the photos depict it is housed in a custom made, Dugan Kydex sheath, adaptable for left or right hand, vertical or horizontal carry by means of the Tek Lok style belt loop... ​

As a special bonus too I will throw in one of my branded (incorrectly branded since I changed my blade mark) padded knife cases...

Now the business end...

This knife is priced tonight at an all in 295, that see's a saving of around 100 on a similarly spec'd 'commissioned' piece...

Your 295 includes the knife, sheath, case, RMSD delivery within the UK and any payment fees that may be incurred...

It really is a splendid little tool, one that will bring year upon year of trusted service...

Cheers all, thanks for looking, Stu.

Last edited by Stuart Mitchell; 19-04-2014 at 06:53.

Nice knife.

Is that stainless steel available for sale?

Regards,

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Dovebob View Post
    Nice knife. Is that stainless steel available for sale? Regards, Bob
    Hi Bob, honest answer is I don't know, mine came directly from the folk who make it, whether they supply stockholders too I am not sure...

Stuart,

Thanks for the reply. Could you PM me the details of the folk who make it so I can see if the sell it to stockholders. I don't need a lot so they might not want to deal with me, but I would like to try a stainless from Sheffield.

Cheers,

Bob

Cheers.

Think I know what the outcome might be, but worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Dovebob View Post
    Cheers. Think I know what the outcome might be, but worth a try.
    I fear you may be right...

Recent changes there could well see my own supply close to an end...

Been running one of these for a few weeks now, nothing but love for it!

Excellent material choices all round, especially for the likes of us. All washable and won't batt an eyelid at being disinfected.

Propper job!
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by digger9523 View Post
    Been running one of these for a few weeks now, nothing but love for it! Excellent material choices all round, especially for the likes of us. All washable and won't batt an eyelid at being disinfected. Propper job!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart Mitchell View Post

Beauty is you could leave it like that all week and it'd look the same by the end of it i reckon.
    Owning a gun or knife and not using it, is akin to not sleeping with your girlfriend to keep her neat and tidy for the next bloke.