Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAC expiry advice please

FAC expiry advice please

My FAC is due to expire tonight. I share all my firearms with my wife who also has a valid FAC. The only item not jointly held is a Ruger Black powder. I was told by the FEO that my renewal cert would be with me today. It was not.
    What should I do. I was thinking of dropping off the pistol with a RFD until the cert comes through?

Good idea, better to be safe than sorry. Might have to surrender your keys to the gun safe to your wife as well, lol.

Demand a temporary permit NOW!
    If they refuse put in a formal complaint to the Chief Constable.
    Get in touch with BASC (I trust you are a member).

Do nothing and ring your feo, and ask his advice, he,s the expert

Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Wisest comment.

​Stan

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Good idea, better to be safe than sorry. Might have to surrender your keys to the gun safe to your wife as well, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog;666446[COLOR=#FF0000
    ]Demand a temporary permit NOW!
    Get in touch with BASC (I trust you are a member
    ).
    [/COLOR]
    Quote Originally Posted by Taff View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by smullery View Post
    Wisest comment.

​Stan
    Mmmm poor advice guys as Rod says the certificate has been issued. He is only waiting on the return of it by post, so no panic no demands and no stupid complaints by the time it was to reach the chief constable the certificate will be up for renewal again.

This type of bad advice in Scotland would get you in a world load of shjt

Quote Originally Posted by dodgyrog View Post
    Demand a temporary permit NOW!
    Get in touch with BASC (I trust you are a member).
    About the worst thing you can do, they will remember you for all the wrong reasons, call them be nice and put the ball back in their court. If they said it has been issued, no problem, I wouldn't take any guns out till you have it in your hands.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

I have left it with the RFD. I will email Helen Rees, head of firearms licencing, attaching the RFD receipt. I will also state that I only asked for renewal 2 weeks ago and they had warned me to allow 6 weeks, as I do not want to pressurise them. I will start to hassle after 6 weeks. The Ruger stays with the RFD until I have my FAC back

It's very easy to advise getting shirty with the relevant firearms department or the FEO. As it turns out, the OP sent his renewal in two weeks before renewal and they advise six weeks. So being confrontational isn't right, isn't helpful and is pointless here.

As it turns out, rodkyak, I think you've chosen the right course of action.

I wonder how many people who advise getting uppity do so themselves. A good working relationship being formed between a shooter and those responsible for licencing can only be a good thing, so when there's a problem on either side, a bit of communication usually solves it. Simples.

if you have not lost your cert then a sec 7 but as its there fault and until some one tells you that you are not a fac holder carry on ! hopefully you have a copy of your old one . ring em tell them they are preventing the use of your lawfully held firearms but i bet its in the post 2nd class don't worry feller just call them or your flo if you have his mob number.
    Last edited by paul o'; 16-10-2013 at 18:25.