Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: scope zero

scope zero

how often does your scope lose zero ? I have a burris on a .243 and it needs checking every week , I was just wondering whether this is normal ?
    Last edited by minikeeper; 15-10-2013 at 22:09.

Once set mine never move unless I do something silly like dropping it off the quad.

Neil.

Not very often as in almost never. Check your mounts and such are tight other than that you may need to start saving for a new scope.
    I can speak in-depth and with great knowledge about most subjects until some bugger who actually knows what he is speaking about opens his gob .

I have good German scopes on all my rifles, check them at the beginning of the season and unless something happens like I drop it or I miss one I never check it. The only time I found it had moved was when I had a so called gunsmith put a scope on a new rifle and never put locktite on the threads.

If you need to set it up each week something is wrong. Mounts or its the scope.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

I had a Tikka 595 with a Meopta sight fitted in Optilock rings that I don't think I touched in over 12 years, always spot on. Sounds like something is wrong minikeeper.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I have optilock rings and a burris scope , everything is done up tight and the scope and rings are only a year old , its annoying because the scope was 500 and I cant really afford a new one

Return scope under warranty if all is tight it's the scope

Quote Originally Posted by jb7x57 View Post
    Return scope under warranty if all is tight it's the scope
    Take the scope back to the dealer it was purchased from.
    Under the `Sale of Goods Act` an item must be `fit for purpose` and it will be his responsibility to return it for repair or replacement.
    HWH.

Have you checked everything is tight on the rifle itself?
    Cheers
    ​Richard

Quote Originally Posted by stag1933 View Post
    Take the scope back to the dealer it was purchased from.
    Under the `Sale of Goods Act` an item must be `fit for purpose` and it will be his responsibility to return it for repair or replacement.
    HWH.
    +1 sounds like you have a faulty scope.
    How far off zero is it? It's not that you have zeroed at low magnification then shooting on large magnification? You can get a slight shift in zero.
    Also if you zero off a bipod then shoot off sticks that could also give a slight shift in zero.
    Has your rifle been shot ok with a different scope (damaged crown) could cause this inconsistent zero
    Check your ammo is the same, may sound silly but I was experimenting with a 308 and I have 165,150,123 grain ammo, easy to mix up.