Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sporting rifle - practical field and positional coaching days in the SW.

Sporting rifle - practical field and positional coaching days in the SW.

Folks,

It is a sad fact that obtaining any 'practical' rifle coaching is quite hard to come by in the UK - especially when you are looking for techniques that are biased towards the needs of the mobile deer stalker, as opposed to the long range or safari shooter.

Many of us will purchase a scope, bipod and rifle, drill tiny groups at the range or from a bench - then fail to achieve our best when faced with an opportunity for a shot where intervening cover make the bipod useless.

Over the years, I have noted many techniques and developed twists on existing shooting methods that allow a noticeable improvement in your accuracy and additionally, the speed with which you can engage a target. Now I am prepared to make an offer that may well appeal to many shooters.

Refine your shooting technique or your money back!

Benefiting either Novice (can provide rifles/ammunition if you do not possess your own equipment) or Experienced shooters, we offer four hours of practical and theoretical marksmanship coaching. 80.

• We have the use of a private range, and tailor the program to your existing abilities and experience
    • work on zeroing technique on the bench
    • effective use of high and low seats
    • improvised rests and correct usage of many varieties of stalking sticks for all shooting positions
    • short range training using sub-calibre rifles before a consolidation shoot to confirm technique

Based just north of Axminster in Devon, we are situated in the middle of rich deer country & if you wish to then go out and put into practice your shooting techniques, well, we have plenty deer to cull!

We also have excellent accommodation on site, so arranging a visit is very straight-forward!

Please, Email or phone me to discuss - I do not always see replies to forum threads & may miss a query.

Rgds

Ian
    Last edited by IanF; 18-04-2016 at 13:00.
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

I have done this with Ian.

I can thouroughly recomend it!

Top bloke, tope instructor and a great stalk.
    Cracking day out!

Quote Originally Posted by scubadog View Post

I can thouroughly recomend it!

Top bloke, tope instructor and a great stalk.
    Cracking day out!

I am another of Ian's satisfied customers, I found his advanced rifle coaching and advice on stalking and gralloching really useful. We found some deer to stalk as well!
    atb Tim.

Folks,

Summer is coming, and the weather is getting much more conducive to enjoying your time on the range.

If you fancied the idea of coming down for some shooting or stalking - just get in touch.

We can certainly find a date that works for you.

Rgds

Ian
    works for you.
    For professional guided Deer & Wild Boar Stalking, practical stalking intro's & Deer related training,
    DSC1 & 2 preparation & witnessing, Field Rifle coaching. Go to www.farringtonds.com - or call me on Tel: 07798 771 062

Folks,

We still have availability through the coming season and are pleased to offer the same great deal:

A noticeable improvement to your shooting - or your money back!

Glad to say, it has not happened yet!

Rgds

Ian

Quote Originally Posted by scubadog View Post

I can thoroughly recommend it!

Top bloke, top instructor and a great stalk.
    Cracking day out!
    +1. I really enjoyed the time I spent with Ian. He has a wealth of knowledge. Regards JCS

Thanks folks - it really is a lot of fun for all & satisfying to make small changes to position that result in large improvements in both effective range and grouping.

JCS: you will be interested to know that I have developed a variant on your kit that actually gets over all the disadvantages & there is now a chalk quarry on the spot where you took that Fallow at last light!

Rgds

Ian

although I haven't done this training I have attended a number of courses by riflecraft and can't recommend highly enough the advantage of some serious training , we are all still learning everyday !

if I was closer I'd give it a try for sure!
    Right where's those stones , I'll start !

Folks, Many thanks for the interest - any queries, do just get in touch.

Congratulations to the father & son fortunate enough to enjoy the day's coaching followed by each successfully taking their first deer.

It's always very satisfying, to see folks enjoying an intensive introduction to all the facets of deer stalking & go home, determined to continue a career in our chosen past-time.

Rgds

Ian
    Last edited by IanF; 05-08-2014 at 09:44.

Folks,

In response to a common question, we stalk full-time, so can arrange courses and training whenever convenient throughout the year. Just get in touch and we can talk about convenient dates.

With the female cull starting in a few days time, we have plenty opportunities for combining coaching with cull stalking outings. Ideal for getting intensive practice on all aspects relating to stalking.

Best wishes,

Ian