gaining experience in return for some help

JR73

hi

im JR i was brought up in the city when i was young but all the school holidays i was out in the country where my late father got me in to shooting and gundogs and now have a passion for both but my real passion is stalking iv been given a few days stalking as birthday and christmas gifts over the years but would love to gain more experience in to the art of stalking done a few grallochs but would like to gain he experience of taking head off and the rear end as well as learning the art of preparing a head ect use of drag ropes as there is a good possibility i will be in a syndicate this time next year. so i would be most greatful if someone one here could take me out teach me all the above arts once a week/fortnite or month in return id be happy to come out once or twice a week to help with pest control when needed or help when it comes to burning heather or being an extra gun if the fox hounds are coming as iv some experience of them tho im now 40 still see ever day as a school day you never stop learning ..and nothing beats hands no we call all sit in a class room but to me nothing will ever beat getting out there an learning looking for help in the Angus an Perthshire areas on hill an low ground if possible

we bit about me now im 40 stay in broughty ferry dundee work in a warehouse and away to start getting back into the countryside iv done plenty of beating an picking up over the years and thing anything i shoot should be treated with respect from the moment you shoot it till it comes out the pan or oven

i own a
shotgun

have my snaring cert
my level1 DSC &meat hygiene
a quad cert

done beating
picking up
burnt heather
pest control
helped whistle feed
put grit out for grouse

cant start to help out till late dec /new year hopefully i may get a 1 or 2 pms even just to get to no me then who knows were it can lead..

areas im looking for is angus an perthshire areas

thanks for taking the time to read this

JR

Last edited:
Have to agree bobt at least this guys showing some willing , hope you find some help mate ,
​atb Jim

good luck , i am sure someone will offer assistance to you ,just a pity you left it until the last weekend off the stag season as i think a lot stalkers would have traded a lift dragging a big stag for some training swap!

Arron if I could have done it earlier I would have away to cut my hours back but had to compromise with my work because of Christmas. :(

Willing to consider slightly further afield if it helps. tho preference would be Angus..Perthshire fife

Back