Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Decent rifle case

Decent rifle case

Evening all, got the chance for a couple of stalking trips in Scotland. Being based in Hampshire I have sorted the flight options, form and fee with flybe to take my rifle.

i now need a good quality rifle case. Happy to pay £££ once for good kit as my rifle and scope is worth a lot of £. Any recommendations welcome please. Thanks in advance

One of the Peli's should do the trick. Something like this
    http://www.jitpak.com/peli-case-larg...1750-case.html
    there's a load of them that take two rifles etc. I've got one and it's a good quality piece of kit. Haven't lobbed it out of any helicopters yet, but looks like it'd be fine.

I have a peli 1750 great bit of kit, bit on the heavy-bulky side but affords the best protection for your equipment and great peace of mind that its all safe and protected.

Nothing but a peli for me. Have you seen the way baggage handlers treat your case!

I would buy secondhand. They get marked up in transit and at the end of the day you save a few quid. In fact get one wothout foam and buy an AIM drag bag. They fit perfectly inside the 1750 and you can use it for all your kit when at your destination.
    Last edited by scotch_egg; 16-10-2013 at 19:43. Reason: *1750
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

I think you can get the 3300 as well which they seem to claim is lighter.

Peli for me it even has wheels

When I needed one I bought a Napier/Winchester Alloy and composite case:-

http://www.uttings.co.uk/p103077-napier-travel-gun-case-shotgun-7705/#.Ul9EilAslPc

They have gone up a lot since 2003.

It has some small dents and scars thanks to the baggage apes but when the rifle was checked for zero in the US it was still fine. I got mine from The Sportsman as I recall.

Doing a web search also brought this up:-

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HSF-Hard-Rifle-Aluminium-Flight/dp/B00DSNIHIS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381975363&sr=8-1&keywords=aluminium+rifle+case

Great price too.

Thanks all, some great advice. I will be going the Peli route as it looks "good quality buy once kit" and it will see plenty of use.

Quote Originally Posted by paulbshooting View Post
    Thanks all, some great advice. I will be going the Peli route as it looks "good quality buy once kit" and it will see plenty of use.
    When I bought mine I had not heard of Peli so I went with what I could find and it's served me well. At the time the shop had offers on these and I believe I paid £75 posted back in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Ratten View Post
    I think you can get the 3300 as well which they seem to claim is lighter.
    Just seen their warranty wording:

"Remember, the iM3300 Storm case carries a lifetime guarantee, if you break it we replace it FREE except if attacked by a Tyrannosaurus (12mtr - 3.5 tonne ), Bruhathkayosaurus (45mtr - 220 tonne) or small child under the age of 4 (0.75mtr - .018 tonne)"

Brilliant

Storm iM3300 Long Case on Wheels – L@@K 30% off Peli Storm Case iM3300 from 3D Flight Cases. Storm 3300 Rifle Case and all Peli Storm hard cases. Storm shotgun case iM3300. Peli iM3300 Storm Fishing Rod Case with wheels by Hardigg Case now renamed Peli Storm iM3300 Case.
    Sako 75 6.5x55mm-Z6i 3-18x50. MauserM12 .308-SIII 6-24x50. Beretta 690 III Field 12b.
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."
    Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill (1874-1965)