Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Genie Lift

Genie Lift

Hello lads I am looking for some information I have a genie 9 meter lift and I am toying with the idea of mounting it onto my L200 as a portable high seat it will reach 9 meters high which is variable I can fit a set and a roof canopy has any one ever seen one of these done any comments will be appreciated

SD Regular
    Does a genie lift not operate with the pulley system at the bottom ? As i see it you would have to send the lift up then climb up to your 9m height unless you had a fed up mate who would do the cranking for you . ?

Next question , why post this in classifieds ?
    BE PREPARED IT WASNT RAINING WHEN THEY BUILT THE ARC

Not mate it has the controls in the cradle and 2130 martin you wouldn't need to go upto the full height it will quite happily sit a 5 meters all day

Quote Originally Posted by mark@mbb View Post
    Not mate it has the controls in the cradle and 2130 martin you wouldn't need to go upto the full height it will quite happily sit a 5 meters all day
    You will want it parked on level ground......

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 2130martin View Post
    You will want it parked on level ground......
    .....on a very still day.....

Nice idea, but you will need to look at the weight distribution on that very carefully. You're potentially moving the centre of gravity of the unit massively.......and it ain't no Weeble..!!
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Yes thankyou. I'll take the L200. You could probably get something for the genie lift though so I will leave that with you.

seriously though. By the time you have positioned something as bulky and noisy as a vehicle with a telescopic platform you might find there are more benefits to a quieter more concealable system. You would have to use it regularly to make it worthwhile and the more you use it the more the deer are going to catch on.

Having used a Genie extensively at work I am convinced you will wound more deer than you will shoot cleanly due to the movement even at modest heights they sway like hell even if you don't think its moving you try and shoot a test target from one!

Quote Originally Posted by RPA 6MM BR View Post
    Having used a Genie extensively at work I am convinced you will wound more deer than you will shoot cleanly due to the movement even at modest heights they sway like hell even if you don't think its moving you try and shoot a test target from one!
    without any outriggers that will probably just tip the vehicle over.