Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Most accurate out of the box

Most accurate out of the box

Dont know if this thread as already been done but anyway
    was wondering what guys have found to be the most accurate out of the box rifle in the following calibers
    17hmr
    22lr
    for me it would be either cz or Anshutz in the rimfire calibers and tikka in 223. These choices are from my own experience

Anshutz gets my vote, but perhaps a Kimber .223 it's got to be one of the best custom rifles out of the box? Hand built and finished?

17hmr would have to be the savage I bought in Canada with the thumb hole stock it was very accurate !
    .22 anshuntz
    ​and the 223 I would say a tikka
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Most Rimfires will shoot the same, HOWEVER , out of the box the CZ trigger isn't great. Tried an Anshutz and the Weihrauch HW66 in Sportsmans Centre the other day. Out of the box they were brilliant little guns. Very tempted to get the Weihrauch but its a few hundred more than a CZ

Quote Originally Posted by The Tunnel View Post
    Anshutz gets my vote, but perhaps a Kimber .223 it's got to be one of the best custom rifles out of the box? Hand built and finished?
    How can a out of the box rifle be 'custom'? Surely it's just another factory rifle unles it is bespoke made to suit an individual? If they are ALL hand built and finished, how are they custom?
    MS

Anschutz and tikka get my vote, wish I never sold my 223, probably the best gun I've ever had!

Quote Originally Posted by tikka 3006 View Post
    Dont know if this thread as already been done but anyway
    was wondering what guys have found to be the most accurate out of the box rifle in the following calibers
    17hmr.
    22lr
    for me it would be either cz or Anshutz in the rimfire calibers and tikka in 223. These choices are from my own experience

My rifles in those calibers are Sako Quad 17hmr , Anschutz 22lr & Sako 85 223 all as accurate as anyone could ever wish for.

For me it's
    17 HMR - CZ 452 American
    22LR - CZ 452 Style
    223 Rem - Sako 75 laminate
    But it's each to their own as different styles suit different peoples shooting style
    They can then change characteristic depending on add on's ie. which bipod, moderator etc.
    Wingy

i had a cz varmint with the set trigger (which i think made a big differnce) in .17 hmr which could group 1/4 of an inch at 100yrds when i did my part should have never have sold that gun

I can't really see the relevance of this, as two identical rifles off the same production line will most likely shoot differently, even with the same ammunition! It all comes down to the relative harmonics of an individual rifle as to whether or not it likes what you put in it. They will all generally have a basic accuracy, but it is little more than a lottery as to which is best. This is why home-loading is advantageous as a load can be 'tuned' to match a specific rifle. Unless you are comparing every rifle with the same batches of ammunition it is little more than pot luck. Most of the known brands will shoot well. They wouldn't still be in business if they didn't.
    MS