Thread: wording for getting my fac opened

wording for getting my fac opened

Im looking to get my fac openeded due to some landowners not keen on having their land surveyed by the police etc and im getting fed up of turning land down cos i have a closed ticket.

Ive had my fac for just over 3 yrs and am with norfolk police.

What wording should i use?

For me in Sussex I wrote a letter to my FEO stating how much experience I'd got, what I had been shooting and how many rounds I'd been shooting etc. I was then phoned and asked to send him a list of my last few outings any shots taken and why they were safe and what shots I didn't take as we're unsafe etc.

Such as

"whilst lamping I saw eye shine but waited until the animal moved from behind some grass so I could properly identify it as a fox. The backstop was a solid earth bank so the shot was taken. I saw another of but behind it was a bank containing rubble and hardcore which presents a ricochet risk so I did not shoot"

might sound very very basic and a bit like a Peter and Jane novel but I had my FAC opened after less than a year so I'm not complaining. Hope this helps.
    Last edited by nun_hunter; 17-10-2013 at 14:06. Reason: Damn autocorrect

There is no need for your FLO to go and look at the land, many do it from maps or Google Earth.
    Victory goes to the player who makes the next-to-last mistake..

Quote Originally Posted by Munty1 View Post
    There is no need for your FLO to go and look at the land, many do it from maps or Google Earth.
    They visit your ground in my 'neck of the woods' - Shropshire (West Mercia) - and they tell you if they think that you have too much ground
    I waited over six months for my last bits of ground to be cleared
    Ed

Quote Originally Posted by goldypurple View Post
    Im looking to get my fac openeded due to some landowners not keen on having their land surveyed by the police etc and im getting fed up of turning land down cos i have a closed ticket.

Ive had my fac for just over 3 yrs and am with norfolk police.

What wording should i use?
    Just be honest, say you've lost out on several farms due to the restriction, so could they remove it please to avoid further losses, all I said was I'd had several places ask me to deal with some foxes, around horses, the shotgun being too loud, and the land not being cleared as nobody had shot it before, and I'd lost potential shooting as I had to pass the task to a friend with an open ticket, as they wanted the foxes dealing with 'yesterday' not in 2-6 weeks once the land had been cleared. 7 months into having my ticket, I had it opened up on .17, .223, .243 and .308, and now have, in addition a .444, .260 and .303, all open and aolq.

Regards
    ​Pete
    Sako TRG-42 folder .338LM🔫 Sako TRG-22 .308/.260🔫 Tikka 595 .222(NV'd up) 🔫 AR15 .223/300BLK 🔫Franchi 12g 520 9shot🔫Baikal .410 stealth🔫Ruger #1.243

Home | Varminting UK

I'm with North Wales police, and I just wrote them a note after I'd had my FAC for a year, asking for it to be opened to allow me to shoot on other suitable land as and when invited to do so. No problem - it was done more or less straight away, with no questions asked. Admittedly I only had .22LR at the time, but when I then applied for a centrefire (a year later, ie, after I'd had my FAC for two years) that was open from day one.

After three years you should not have a problem, and as its only a change in condition it should be free.

Just write to them, enclose your certificate, and as for the condition to be changed to something along the lines of:

Shoot deer / fox/ (depending on calibre(s))and any lawful quarry over land that the licence holder has permission to shoot

I am in exactly the same position. Three years into my first FAC and having the same trouble when being invited to go onto land where nobody knows if it has been cleared.

I had a few other things I wanted to change, such as ammo increase and adding another calibre, so I wrote a letter which said more or less all that was stated above plus my own particular needs.

Filled in the form, sent the cheque and await the results! I see they banked the money last week.

[edit a few hours later]

FAC back with me with everything looking just the way I had hoped. Surrey turned it around in about three weeks.
    Last edited by John_R; 18-10-2013 at 12:56.

well sent my FAC to the firearms department 2 weeks ago, had a phone call this evening that the firearms chap wants to come have a chat for some reason. Cant see why they just cant send it out. I know another guy in the same force area thats hasnt had a visit for the same reason as ive requested, grrrrr

I took the BASC advise when i asked for my open FAC, it was worded streight to the point. Its was granted, but west mercia seemed more intrested on how much ammo i had used, and when i stated it would be easyer for me and them if they didnt have to check land for me, there response was, a open fac's arent granted to save them paper work, nor make things more convinient for myself.
    atb
    simon