Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What 1" Scope Rings for a Tikka M 65

What 1" Scope Rings for a Tikka M 65

Bearing in mind the age of the rifle, what would be the best decent quality 1" rings for my Tikka M65? Budget is about 35 I guess....

Scope going on is a Meopta Artemis 2000 6x42 Ret4B(bdc).

?have a look on here or ebay sports match

So, any old rings will fit then?

Quote Originally Posted by Toxster View Post
    So, any old rings will fit then?
    Id doubt that as I seem to recall that Tikka have tapered dovetails. I mean that unlike the one on Brno and the old BSA's which are parallel the Tikkas are tapered down their length. Also the two dovetails are of differing widths

Good luck finding any quality of 35 BTW.

I picked up some steel based with alloy top rings that have the Apel ring profile and sit in the base via a stud which gives some windage adjustment. Cannot find a makers name on them though. and am not sure what rifle they fit .......................... i think they are Tikka but then again as I don't have access to one to check.

Guess I will have to find out one day what they really fit. I was intending to use them on a project that got shelved for obvious reasons.

Tikka are parallel aren't they Brithunter? It is the sister company Sako that are tapered.

Toxster as Bh says I think that you will have to budget a bit more than 35 if you want quality mounts. Sportsmatch do a reasonable quality mount for Tikkas not sure if this is the right one.
    It may be worth giving the opticswarehouse a ring, I've found them excellent to deal with in the past.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SPORTSMATC...-/230990721426

http://www.opticswarehouse.co.uk/pro...8C_Scope_Mount
    Last edited by 8x57; 18-10-2013 at 13:57.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Tikka are parallel aren't they Brithunter? It is the sister company Sako that are tapered.
    I am unsure as I have never owned rifles by either company as was. Looked at a 595 once with a thought of buying but that was about 30 years ago. Perhaps I'll wander over to Wraby some time and take the mounts with me and see if they can shed some light on them as they sell both.

I've previously owned a M65 which was fitted with Tikka rings that clamped directly onto the rail, and until recently I owned a 595 which was fitted with Optilock mounts. The Optilock bases on the Tikka were different to the bases on my Sako 85 which has a tapered rail. Though different all three systems worked well and never gave any problem.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Toxster View Post
    Bearing in mind the age of the rifle, what would be the best decent quality 1" rings for my Tikka M65? Budget is about 35 I guess....

Scope going on is a Meopta Artemis 2000 6x42 Ret4B(bdc).
    Sportsmatch 'Tikka' rings are fine, and will fit your budget.

I have a 6x42 fitted in these on one of my M65's. The mounting rail is parallel, and is the same on all Tikka's - including the T3.
    If I'm going to be accused of it then it's just as well I did it.

Oh how silly of me I forgot that I have some 26mm Tikka rings by Hilver and bases to screw onto a Rem 700 type action to accept them. Just had a look and the rings are levelr operated so quick release on the screw and are parallel and of about 17mm width.

Fancy forgetting that I had them . They still have the price label on the rings box ..................... 37.25 seen here on the Mauser M96 Slide Bolt:-

The bases to accept them.

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    The sportsmatch ones will do you perfectly, all tikka receivers have parallel dovetails, and if anyone thinks sportmatch mounts are not upto scratch then I suggest you ask Accuracy international who makes the one piece mount that sits on their weapons!
    You could always but the tikka bases that sportsmatch do and then use any airgun type mounts that have a built in arrestor stud.
    Anyone who thinks optilocks are 'the only mounts to use' on a tikka are severely mistaken, they are held onto the dovetail by a single screw and have an arrestor pin, The sportsmatch mounts have two screws holding on to the dovetail and an arrestor pin 'but' with the added bonus of being alloy which means they get a tighter grip on the dovetail than steel.