Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cree torch conversion from strobe / flash to, on.

cree torch conversion from strobe / flash to, on.

as the title says. i bought a cree light and clamp to mount on my 17 hmr for bunny bashing.
    im amazed at the distance this little torch will go, but the annoying thing is, you have to go through the motion of strobe, flash, dull and then bright.
    does anyone on sd know of a conversion that can make the torch go , on off in the bright mode only.
    thanks in advance.
    regards mark.

I too would love to know the answer to this, all I determined is the modes are controlled by the driver or power unit, not by the switch.
    I still have mine, but no longer use it for this very reason, I ened up buying another with only a single mode.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by keeperstweed View Post
    as the title says. i bought a cree light and clamp to mount on my 17 hmr for bunny bashing.
    im amazed at the distance this little torch will go, but the annoying thing is, you have to go through the motion of strobe, flash, dull and then bright.
    does anyone on sd know of a conversion that can make the torch go , on off in the bright mode only.
    thanks in advance.
    regards mark.
    mark you have to half press the swich to select the mode you want keep it on the high for 30seconds then sharp press off when you now sharpley press the swich it will go to the last setting high hope it helps rob

rob, your a bloody star.
    thankyou so much for the info i will try it tonight.
    there you go hornet 6 we have the answer.....
    must admit that when i purchased it new, never got instructions.
    cheers rob.

Quote Originally Posted by wraith View Post
    mark you have to half press the swich to select the mode you want keep it on the high for 30seconds then sharp press off when you now sharpley press the swich it will go to the last setting high hope it helps rob
    Yup, the man has it correct.
    (The Unspeakable In Pursuit Of The Uneatable.) " If I can help, I will help!." Former S.A.C.S. member!

Guys,

Having a tiny brain I'm struggling to get this to work and it's also something I've been trying to suss out for ages.

Please could someone put up an idiots guide to doing this. I've tried to follow the above but can't get it to work.

Many thanks,

​Jim

Doesn't work on mine.

Neil.

ok il try once more turn torch on now very lightley press the button on the back not full klick half press it now keep pressing till you get to the britest setting when you get there keep torch turned on for 30 second or longer now turn of firm press of the swich now firm press back on your torch should be on full power this is how all the mode flashlights work all the best rob

ok il try once more turn torch on now very lightley press the button on the back not full klick half press it now keep pressing till you get to the britest setting when you get there keep torch turned on for 30 second or longer now turn of firm press of the swich now firm press back on your torch should be on full power this is how all the mode flashlights work all the best rob
    And I repeat doesn't work on mine.
    Most of the cheaper led torches about work on a sequence, you cannot make it do something it isn't designed for.
    The cheaper ones, like mine, will come on at bright setting if it hasn't been used for a few minutes, but if you use the rat tail switch
    as when lamping if you don't keep steady pressure on it it will go into sequential mode, short of leaving it off for 5 minutes or more
    there is no way but to let it cycle to bright again.
    Like I said earlier, I bought another that has only the one setting to replace the first.

Neil.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornet 6 View Post
    And I repeat doesn't work on mine.
    Most of the cheaper led torches about work on a sequence, you cannot make it do something it isn't designed for.
    The cheaper ones, like mine, will come on at bright setting if it hasn't been used for a few minutes, but if you use the rat tail switch
    as when lamping if you don't keep steady pressure on it it will go into sequential mode, short of leaving it off for 5 minutes or more
    there is no way but to let it cycle to bright again.
    Like I said earlier, I bought another that has only the one setting to replace the first.

Neil.
    dich the extension lead try it with just the button on the back