Thread: [Film] Rod and Rifle

[Film] Rod and Rifle

Here's a short film of yesterday afternoon's small game hunting and fishing, enjoy!

Looks like a great day. Very jealous

Really surprised with the bit where it shows the bullet failing to exit from a rabbit. Surely that can't be common with .223, regardless of bullet type?

I rather like the lab retrieving the bunnies. I realize in the UK a lab is trained to retrieve whatever it it sent for, and we tend to forget that in the US. For the most part our labs retrieve only birds.

I may need to start training mine on squirrels and bunnies and such.

On another forum there is an Icelandic chap that has trained his labs to retrieve shot seals. Quite interesting to see a 25 Kg dog swimming back a 75 kg seal.

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    Really surprised with the bit where it shows the bullet failing to exit from a rabbit. Surely that can't be common with .223, regardless of bullet type?

mungo they were hares but still the bullet shoulder have exit.i used to shoot roe and the odd fox with my 223 thought it was a great wee round .wish i still had it to use

Quote Originally Posted by Mungo View Post
    No, it's not common. Short barrel (14.5") plus light bullet with very poor BC plus longish shot (150 meters) plus soft loaded steel cased ammo plus large hare = didn't exit.

Quote Originally Posted by Cootmeurer View Post
    I rather like the lab retrieving the bunnies. I realize in the UK a lab is trained to retrieve whatever it it sent for, and we tend to forget that in the US. For the most part our labs retrieve only birds. I may need to start training mine on squirrels and bunnies and such. On another forum there is an Icelandic chap that has trained his labs to retrieve shot seals. Quite interesting to see a 25 Kg dog swimming back a 75 kg seal.
    She's a lab/huntaway cross, great dog. Retrieving a seal would be interesting to see!

Very enjoyable film, looking forward to the next one.

Very nice video, thanks for posting.
    ​It made me late for work this morning though, got lost in the moment .

Nice little vid to watch, many thanks.

​George.