Thread: Ex-Pats and Swedish Hunting Licences

Ex-Pats and Swedish Hunting Licences

I'm off to Sweden for a hunt in a couple of weeks, and have therefore been online and paid for a Swedish hunting licence on (http://www.naturvardsverket.se/sv/) . Unfortunately though, it seems that the fact that my nationality and country of residence are not the same is causing some problems with the website. No matter how many times I change the address on my profile to being in Denmark, it keeps changing it back to the UK.

Are there any other ex-pats here on the forum who have hunted in Sweden? Did the website work okay for you, and did you receive the proper card through the post?

Cheers
    ​T_T

Oxfordshire, Wiltshire, Berkshire....and Sutherland
    View my Gallery (19)View my Gallery (19)
    T_T

I'm not an ex-pat as such, but living in the UK I bought the Swedish Hunting license through the website with no issue last year and it turned up through the post about 2-3 weeks later here in the UK. This year I got an automatic reminder from Sweden through the post as well.

Do you have a UK friend or family you could use as a drop address?

willie_gunn
    O wad some Power the giftie gie us to see oursels as ithers see us!

This may help you ...

How to get a Swedish IP address

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    I'm off to Sweden for a hunt in a couple of weeks, and have therefore been online and paid for a Swedish hunting licence on (http://www.naturvardsverket.se/sv/) . Unfortunately though, it seems that the fact that my nationality and country of residence are not the same is causing some problems with the website. No matter how many times I change the address on my profile to being in Denmark, it keeps changing it back to the UK.

Are there any other ex-pats here on the forum who have hunted in Sweden? Did the website work okay for you, and did you receive the proper card through the post?

Cheers
    ​T_T
    T_T. Have you tried another browser or browsing from another device? Regards JCS

I've tried both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, but it's the same on both. Next step is to try the wife's laptop, but I don't think it's going to help.

I've just sent them an email informing them of the problem. Hopefully they can sort it out for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    I've tried both Google Chrome and Internet Explorer, but it's the same on both. Next step is to try the wife's laptop, but I don't think it's going to help.

I've just sent them an email informing them of the problem. Hopefully they can sort it out for me!
    Why not take note of my post No3 ? This will work , ISP hiding / changing is nothing new and very easy to do , many expats do it to watch BBC iplayer as its blocked from viewing outside the UK.

Thanks for the suggestion Johno, but the problem isn't IP related, if it was it would be the correct country that was shown as being my country of residence. I live in Denmark and was at home (in Denmark) when I registrered, so it must be my nationality which is changing my address to being in the UK.

Either that, or it's a sign that I should move back home again.....

Just got an email from Naturvardsverket, they've got it sorted, and I should expect my hunting licence in the post in a week or two.

As of today I'm now the proud owner of two Swedish hunting licences! One arrived on Saturday, correctly addressed and this one came today!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1307.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	203.6 KB 
ID:	34249

Oh well, at least I've got a spare now!