Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not deer related..... Eco Drive watches?

Not deer related..... Eco Drive watches?

I see to recall reading a post about these and thought it was on these forums. Due to Autumn being here and winter approaching with the need to wear coats I find that using the pocket watch is a little awkward what with having to undo the coat to access it. I see Citizen are one maker whom actually list the watch case material and I need one with a stainless case as well as back.

So does anyone here own/wear/use an Eco Drive watch?

Are they really worth the money?

I bought an Avia Marina some years back but the sweat has eaten away the case edge so it's now uncomfortable to wear for long. Thought a watch meant for salt water use would be good but it seems I was wrong.

Thanks in advance .

Quote Originally Posted by Brithunter View Post
    I see to recall reading a post about these and thought it was on these forums. Due to Autumn being here and winter approaching with the need to wear coats I find that using the pocket watch is a little awkward what with having to undo the coat to access it. I see Citizen are one maker whom actually list the watch case material and I need one with a stainless case as well as back.

So does anyone here own/wear/use an Eco Drive watch?

Are they really worth the money?

I bought an Avia Marina some years back but the sweat has eaten away the case edge so it's now uncomfortable to wear for long. Thought a watch meant for salt water use would be good but it seems I was wrong.

Thanks in advance .
    I've used Casio solar powered watches for the last 7-8 years, never had a problem with them other than attrition due to workplace conditions
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

Seiko kinetic titanium, still going strong after nearly 17 years of abuse.

Neil.

One of those people that is able to destroy most watches in short order; genuinely without really knowing how. Greatest claim to fame is being requested to test a military spec watch ( name withheld as sure it was me not the watch ) - the rep handed me the watch and went to his car to put the box away - yup, bust by the time he walked back )

In that context, I have worn a Citizen Eco Drive Wr100 for four years solid - will never again pass as 'mint' but still going strong and keeping good time. No idea model - it is a plain one with black face and white numbers, day & date. was something like 59.99 from Argos.

Gets my vote.

​Must add Casio G Shock held previous position on my wrist with honour...
    Stalking, Courses, Gear - Moray Outfiiting Website here - Welcome
    BASC Approved Trainer & Assessor. Cairngorm National Park Authority Approved Supplier. Supported by Sauer Arms
    See you at the Stalking Fair, Scone & Moy 2017

Rolex submariner (non date)
    Very hard wearing watch. And if you keep it long enough it becomes more valuable than when you bought it, so effectively it`s free.

i bought a eco drive in 1999 it keeps great time well worth the money.i wish i could say the same about another watch i bought at 10 times the price...

I suppose on the bright side any watch that doesn't need opening for a battery change must be good.

Had an Omega kinetic once then the adjuster started coming out, they couldn't fix it so gave it away.
    Last edited by old man; 19-10-2013 at 15:53. Reason: can't spell

Hi
    I have, amongst others (mechanical) a Citizen, titanium case etc., solar powered and seems to be going well.
    Other 2x Seiko Eco-Drive still working well after 5/8 years. One failed and Seiko serviced & replaced the whole movement for 79 - effectively a new watch again, retailing at 300+.
    Mechanical watches should be considered seriously - Rolex (Sub-Date), Omega (Speedmaster/Seamaster) as these just get better with age.......ok initial outlay and all that but good pre-owned are available at fair prices.

Cheers, L

I use one of these have had it for years automatic Japanese movement, great time keeper and requires no batteries you can get a good deal on a used one on the bay, of all the watches I have owned over the years this is my favourite by far.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Seiko-5-Au...item43b80f391e

I have a WR200 titanium which has'nt missed a beat in almost 3yrs, great watches...
    "let him without sin cast the first stone"