Thread: Steyr Mod. M Professional stock supporting barrel

Steyr Mod. M Professional stock supporting barrel

Question for those of you who have had a Steyr Mod. M III Proffessional. It has 2 nipples that sit between forend and barrel at 5 and 7 o'clock. They look to be made in a softer plastic/rubber material. They have possibly been worn as they do not support the barrel unless you put pressure on the stock.

Am I right that the barrel would have been seated on these? Anyone have any opinion with or having taken them off?

Any other pearls of wisdom concerning this model?

Having had a closer look these look like they were put on as part of some kind of customisation of the rifle. I took them off before heading down to my range to test some ammo through it. I shoots respectable groups consistently so I'm not as bothered about it now.

I'm pretty sure mine had a free floating barrel with no pressure points but it was a long time ago so I could be wrong. Glad the rifles shooting ok, offer still stands to give you what you paid for it just for old times sake if ever you decide to move it on.

Quote Originally Posted by Glyn 1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure mine had a free floating barrel with no pressure points but it was a long time ago so I could be wrong. Glad the rifles shooting ok, offer still stands to give you what you paid for it just for old times sake if ever you decide to move it on.
    Thanks. I'm going to see what it can do with handloads. Its a quirky little rifle with some nice apel quick release mounts. Its been a while since I used iron sights so I will be practicing with those as well.

Mine was in .270 win and I found that the length of the snail magazine was a limiting factor when handloading but in those days I was obsessed with silly things like seating depth! Now if they fit in the mag and fit in the chamber and shoot ok thats good enough for me!