Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: water proof clothes

water proof clothes

After getting drenched on Saturday i am thinking i might need to get some water proof hunting gear. Looking in the bush wear catalogue there is a stack of choice. What are the experts wearing?
    Cheers
    Nick

have a look at country covers down in devon.cracking stuff

simple really,

there is hardly any clothes that keep out rain properly. Many of the guys I know and Pro keepers wear their normal clothes and when it is bad, go back to good old rubber gear . Something like flexothane.

The Deerhunter range is quite good to start with. I've had a 'Montana' 5 in 1 jacket for years and it is excellent. Very versatile too with a thin silent outer, waterproof popper in membrane and a zip in fleece. You can pretty much cover all weathers with that!
    Noticed Chinky is selling some Deerhunter Ram trousers in the classifieds too!

Depends on weather deer hunter, Halrika, Swazi all very good, If it's proper west coast scotland wet then go for Gore tex, climbing gear if you can get it in green, remember if it's that wet they wont hear you so don't get hung up on silent stuff. I have a gore tex suit from Hoggs of Fife, best I've had. It was designed for hill farmers. Musto gear is also good but expensive and pretty heavy if you're walking.

http://www.hoggs.co.uk/workwear/prod...imate_Jkt.html

Quote Originally Posted by jingzy
    simple really,

there is hardly any clothes that keep out rain properly. Many of the guys I know and Pro keepers wear their normal clothes and when it is bad, go back to good old rubber gear . Something like flexothane.
    i agree, the only jacket ive had that is 100% waterproof is an army surplus dpm goretex jacket. it is that sort of "hard" style of the original goretex jackets, ive found the softer "quiet" stuff that ive had always leaks to an extent.
    deerhunter ram trousers leaked, country covers trousers leaked, baretta jacket leaked, drysabone smock leaked a lot, friend got a nomad waterproof fleece leaked a lot.
    if its chucking it down the 30 quid army surplus jacket that comes out

http://www.genuinearmysurplus.co.uk/...tail/rowid=234

The newer style army goretex jackets have no pockets. The reason for this is that they were actually designed to be worn under the combat jacket! The best combination is a 'Para' style windproof smock with the goretex under it. Warm and dry - but silent too! Army surplus is great stuff if you are on a budget. Some of the newer boots like 'Pro-boots' are actually pretty good. I use a pair of desert boots for stalking in the summer. They were a bit light coloured to begin with but now have so much blood on them that they go unseen! Matterhorn boots are also good and higher in the leg. An army goretex bivvy bag is a lifesaver if you get injured or stuck out on the hill too.

[quote="Monkey Spanker"]The newer style army goretex jackets have no pockets. The reason for this is that they were actually designed to be worn under the combat jacket!

thats the one, i just wear it over the top. also long enough to cover your arse when sitting in high seat or on wet ground when wearing the leaky trousers i mentioned in my previous post.

Sasta.
    Without doubt the best Jackets I've ever used.