Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tweed suit

tweed suit

Having been invited to a few shoots this season, I need to invest in something reasonably smart to wear so I don't look like a lurcher-man that's turned up at the wrong event!

Looking for tweeds - plus twos, cap, waistcoat and jacket (preferably the thinner blazer type ones).

Anyone recommend me a reasonably cheap option for the above? Looking to spend around 200 max if possible.

Have looked at Hoggs however they don't do plus twos and the jackets are the heavier duty ones.

Cheers

David

ps on the off chance someone has the right size breeks need to be a 30/32", coat 40" and hat 57

Bob parrat .co.uk
    TonyC

Bob parrat, good stuff on a budget.

you beat me to it!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Buy some decent plus two's with your 200 (any make) then just wear a shooting/stalking/country jacket (no realtree!).

In my experience no-one will care what outfit you have on a driven day long as you are safe with your gun and take some good friendly banter.

Another for bob parrott had two suits from them now .
    ​norma

Sportsmanguncentre is always a good place for a bargain in their clearance section bazil

The tailor who was on the stand with Nomad at the fair in March is based in Clovenfords and does made to measure. Ill try and find his name for you...

A smart pair of breeks, shirt and tie plus shooting jacket, job done.
    Add a sweater if it's cold, there you go.

I think it's nice to look smart, but do you really need a suit ?

Dave, you have a pm mate.
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by david1976 View Post
    Having been invited to a few shoots this season, I need to invest in something reasonably smart to wear so I don't look like a lurcher-man that's turned up at the wrong event!

Looking for tweeds - plus twos, cap, waistcoat and jacket (preferably the thinner blazer type ones).

Anyone recommend me a reasonably cheap option for the above? Looking to spend around 200 max if possible.

Have looked at Hoggs however they don't do plus twos and the jackets are the heavier duty ones.

Cheers

David

ps on the off chance someone has the right size breeks need to be a 30/32", coat 40" and hat 57
    I would rather stand next to a lurcher man in old tatty clothes who is a safe shot, than a tweedy toff who feels he is to high up in society to speak with a lowly beater, but who is unsafe. And I have seen plenty of the latter!
    What I am trying to say is don't worry too much about your clothes, just turn up with a good sense of humour and show safe and sporty conduct, and you'll be fine.
    Have a great day!
    • Do not be seduced by the marketing-men....