Thread: Zeiss 6x42

Zeiss 6x42

Considering parting with my zeiss diatal za T* 6x42, West German built. Not made up my mind yet, it's a quality scope but I would prefer something with a higher mag and illuminated reticle.

For starters I have absolutely no idea what it's worth, any thoughts please guys? I would say it's in very good overall condition, used but not abused, optically excellent and only a minor mark or two on the body.

Cheers

​Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Between 200 and 300 with the market the way it is at the moment.

I'd disagree slightly 175 should be nearer the mark IMHO given the age. just my opinion of course..but that's based on recently buying a couple quite similar from between 150 to 190.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    I'd disagree slightly 175 should be nearer the mark IMHO given the age. just my opinion of course..but that's based on recently buying a couple quite similar from between 150 to 190.
    You are probably right. I'm not so good with the zeiss models as I am with its rivals.

Quote Originally Posted by PKL View Post
    Thank you for the replies, although a little surprised by the 175 suggestion, can't say I've ever seen a Zeiss for sale at that money! Looks like I'd be better off keeping it as a spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve29 View Post
    Thank you for the replies, although a little surprised by the 175 suggestion, can't say I've ever seen a Zeiss for sale at that money! Looks like I'd be better off keeping it as a spare.
    better keeping it as your main scope IMHO, they're brilliant tubes., and no messing about with zoom or cheek weld issues with large objective bells sitting a mile above the line of sight.

mind, there's no harm putting it up for 300 and revising price downwards if it doesn't sell!

Fixed mag scopes are not in fad ....................... favour so they are dropping in price.

​T'was not long ago really I bought a 7x50 Meopta for 170.

I have one on my stalking rifle, I wouldn't want to swap it, there's more than enough magnification at the ranges that I would consider ethical. As for the illuminated reticle, how many people use them after the first couple of months. They're great for Boar, but IMHO just seem to get in the way for stalking.

I'd personally just prefer something with more mag, I find I am more confident at hitting the target.

Anyway, I think i'll just hold onto it and start saving! Never know, I might see sense at some point in the future and be glad I kept it. If not, it'll probably still be worth similar money, and the market might even have improved!

ATB

Steve