Thread: Hello...

Hello...

Hey folks,
    I'm Dave Null... I am American (South East Ohio) but have been in Germany 23 years. Hunted back home as long as I can remember but it was puton the back burner when I came over here. Time and locations all came together this past spring and I was able to take the classes/tests to get a German license. Hunting in Europe is a bit different than when I left home so there is going to be ???'s along the way. A little easier to get answers here because of the language barrier and some of the stiff necked attitudes.... Anyway, game I am interested in is roe deer and wild boar... Maybe an occassional hare, fox, or badger if they are too thick..... Not a big fan of just shooting something because I can.... Looking forward to tips and advice and hope I can give something back. Was actually googling for some info when I found this forum so will slip on over to that section and start asking.

Take Care,

Dave

Hello Dave,

Welcome to this site, I'm pleased you have been granted the German hunting licence, I am sure doors will open for you. You will gain knowledge and help from this forum and I also believe we have a few members from Germany.
    I must point out that we do not shoot badgers under any circumstances here, they are protected and only very occasionally will our Government permit a special licence to cull these animals in strict controlled circumstances to help control certain deceases that may affect farm livestock in certain area's.

Good luck with your hunting.

​sjb1956
    Last edited by StalkingKent; 21-10-2013 at 14:26.

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses