African Hunt Competition - Hunt Africa For Free

JAYB

Administrator
Site Staff
You read it correctly!! this is a chance to hunt Africa thanks to the generosity of one of our members Bushwack, who has kindly offered the following package FREE OF CHARGE

1. Impala cull x 1
2. Blesbuck cull x 1
3. Warthog cull x 1

Price: FREE

Included: Accommodation for 4 nights, 2 x meals per day, booze in moderation, collection at OR Thambo and back, Licensed PH, Tracker and ground transportation

Excluded: Airfare, any taxidermy cost, export cost, accommodation before and after the safari, gratuity for camp staff.

To enter the competition answer the following 10 questions and submit them via PM to ADMIN.

Be aware that this competition is only open to Bone Fide SD members, who must have at least 50 posts to enter. This we feel is only fair as it should hopefully deter people from joining up just to enter the competition. Also be aware anyone who joins and then embarks on a campaign of “Hello” post building will be disqualified.
The winner will be announced on the last day of January 2014 and in the event of more than one winner the names will be entered into a draw. Admins decision will be final and no discussion or negotiations will be entered into after the winner is announced.
The winner will need to contact Bushwack following the announcement to make the necessary arrangements. Please be sure to read what is included and more importantly what is not included, be fully aware of your responsibilities. Admin in no way accept any responsibility, our only involvement is advertising the offer facilitating the draw winner.

This will also be placed in the Big Game Hunting Opportunities forum.

Questions for the Safari competition on SD site.

1. What two countries make up Rhodesia after it won independence.
2. The second heaviest pair of African Elephant tusks ever recorded with exact provenance were collected in what year.
3. Who was the Giant Sable Antelope of Angola discovered by and named after.
4. What genus do Bongo, Kudu and Bushbuck belong to.
5. Name the thin strip of land bordered by Botswana, Namibia, Zambia and Angola.
6. Who discovered Victoria Falls
7. Name the two main species of Kudu
8. Name the two main species of Gorilla found in Africa
9. What does P.H.A.S.A stand for.
10. What colour is the inside of a Mambas mouth

John

Last edited:
The correct answer, of course, being 'a couple local dudes out hunting in about 10 000BC'.

I have the same gripe with who "discovered" Australia, North America etc... It was clearly the indigenous folks that were then decimated by whoever happened across their land with rifles and a bag of beads!

But enough of this, as I'm still struggling with #1

All clever and smart observations noted gents, but in order to try and keep this thread tidy could you all please keep such thoughts to yourselves. Also just one minor comment the answers are to be sent via PM to ADMIN, not to me, Alex or Malcolm but Admin, this prevents our inboxes becoming even more cluttered than they already are, thanks very much.

John

Dear JayB, please forward the requisite way forward for "Forwarding" my earlier attempt, sent to to you in error, admin address refused by site.TA , Steve.:)

Dear JayB, please forward the requisite way forward for "Forwarding" my earlier attempt, sent to to you in error, admin address refused by site.TA , Steve.:)

Steve,

Just send a PM addressed to admin, that works I have just tried it.

John

To enter the competition answer the following 10 questions and submit them via PM to ADMIN.

admin has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove admin from the recipient list and send the message again.

:doh:

admin has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove admin from the recipient list and send the message again.

:doh:

I concur!:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I just had a look at the internals and tried to sort it but I can't, it needs the attention of Alex, who is out at the minute but it shall be done.

Just remember your answers :D

John

Back