Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: What has happened to the great deer photo thread????

  1. #1

    What has happened to the great deer photo thread????

    Hi All,

    Is it just me, or has anyone else noticed that the 'Deer in General or their Antlers' thread has slowed right down since becoming a 'sticky' at the top of the page.

    I have noticed this happen on other forums with popular (regularly added to) threads in the past, as if people rarely bother to look at the stickys and just go onto the active threads.

    For the good of the thread, cant we have this re-instated into the main Discussion section instead of a 'sticky'

    Would be interested to hear anyone elses comments.

    Lakey

  2. #2
    Distinguished Member tartinjock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Nairn, Inverness-shire
    Posts
    2,610
    My fault, I asked if this could happen, the thread was 3/4 of the way down the first page and I thought if if goes onto the next page it would be lost for good.

    It might also be that most of peoples pictures are now on the thread and hence why it has slowed down.

    If it slowed down on the original thread form, it might have already been lost for good.

    Still interested to see what others say.

    TJ

  3. #3
    as soon as it became a sticky i lost interest
    as i used to look forward to seeing where and who had posted new pics on it to stop it slipping down the page
    now it's there never to be lost, no need to post any new pics to keep it going
    for me all the fun has gone out of the thread now
    shame really as i hav about 2000+ pics all of deer
    sad i know

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by stone
    as soon as it became a sticky i lost interest
    as i used to look forward to seeing where and who had posted new pics on it to stop it slipping down the page
    now it's there never to be lost, no need to post any new pics to keep it going
    for me all the fun has gone out of the thread now
    shame really as i hav about 2000+ pics all of deer
    sad i know

    Go on, PUT some more on. You know you want to really

    Jonathon

  5. #5
    Has anyone else got any opinions on this ?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by 243varmint


    Go on, PUT some more on. You know you want to really

    Jonathon
    wot like this one

    or this one

    or even this one



  7. #7
    Thats the view I normally see, like in the last piccy

  8. #8
    Probably as TJ said , I have put on many pictures now and am not sure which they were so I do not want to re-post the same ones.
    After a time stocks of fresh material run out anyway.

    As a matter of interest how many sites have had a topic which has generated so much interest so do not knock it !

    HWH.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by stag1933
    Probably as TJ said , I have put on many pictures now and am not sure which they were so I do not want to re-post the same ones.
    After a time stocks of fresh material run out anyway.

    As a matter of interest how many sites have had a topic which has generated so much interest so do not knock it !

    HWH.

    HWH

    You can put up your cracking photo's as many times as you like because I don't think we will ever get bored of them!!!!!!!!!

    Jonathon

  10. #10
    Thanks Jonathan.
    Your post today has perked me up as Monday left me rather depressed.

    2009 has not been a good year for me. 76th birthday , loss of my driving licence and consequently virtually an end to a lifetme of shooting and latterly photography.
    A few days ago I sold my one-hole Sako .243 Varminter. I am not `armless` yet though as I still have 4 CF rifles here and all on song.
    I have rooted out some fresh photos today which I shall copy and then get them on site.

    HWH.

Similar Threads

  1. Has this ever happened to you?
    By Armo in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 28-07-2010, 00:11
  2. Great Video of Red Deer Rut in the New Forest
    By paul k in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-02-2010, 13:04
  3. Thread Care
    By DL in forum Cleaning, Gunsmithing and Equipment Care
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 11-10-2008, 09:00
  4. So what happened?
    By bobtail in forum Deer Stalking General
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 17:02
  5. Thread Protection
    By cervus in forum Equipment & Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 16-11-2007, 00:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •