Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DIY lightforce sucker and holder thingy

DIY lightforce sucker and holder thingy

Just thought I'd share this nifty little idea I had today for using the lightforce lamp without drilling a hole through my daily runaround shooting wagon roof.

Use a double glass sucker handle thingy and take one of the suckers apart. Using the hole already in the plastic housing, attach a bit of strong board or formica approx 4" wide and the length to suit your arm. Wack a hole through the formica for the lightforce and handle with a hole saw, bolt it together and there you go.

Hopefully it'll sucker to my roof when I try it later and stay put while moving the arm about,

Stratts

Follow my stalking journey & SD sponsored DSC1 progress blog here

DSC1 forum sponsorship - Blogs - The Stalking Directory

Looks good, just hope it stays put! Can't see why it shouldn't though, you'll have to let us know
    Wingy

Better off using both suction cups and have an aluminium tube attached to the handle section extending out and the lamp attached to that, I hope I'm wrong but I'd give it a good shake before use (better that buying a new lamp)

Cheers chaps a couple of slight design flaws that need addressing before use. The main one being when I sucker it to the roof, I can't get the flaming door open to get in coz of the lamp handle!!

I can't use both suckers as it is, because of the curve of the roof they don't sit right to both stick down. Might need to cut and shut and go down the pole route which I wanted to avoid as it's a bit more faffing around.

Will keep you posted on progress!

Stratts

hi feller have you got a roof bar on your motor ! only saying this due to my mk1 before buying the L,F suction bar assy. the hole in your sucker handle think its 1", i put a 1" poll and clamped it to the roof bar and then slid the handle over it and put a drop bolt to keep it in place this way i could do away with the sucker and stop hitting the door at a better hight .then i snapped it off on a tree and just got the real thing 90 plus folding mount used it twice inc 140 and 2 10 ? i think is the big one size fillters nv as well ect ,anyway , now use i NV so its all up the shed !!
    Last edited by paul o'; 23-10-2013 at 09:45.

Genius mate yep i have a roof bar but have never taken the cover bit off to see what's underneath. I guess there must be some threaded bits to take a roof rack? We've got NV on the rifles but still like to use a lamp to spot em 1st,

Cheers

Why don't you spot with an NV unit linked to a small monitor in your truck - it's awesome

In the early years i used a big sink plunger and 2 jubilee clips on the roof of our Mini van and guided the beam by driving at the target. Got hell from my Granny though when the tea leaves blocked the U bend.

If you can find a suitable attachment point it might be worth attaching it to a bit of string to stop it hitting the floor just in case it doesn't hold.

Plan B using the roof bar fixing points and a lump of angle I found laying around at work that is just about the right size. Sits nice and firm fixed with a couple of bolts and now has packers underneath to raise above the door line and will be trimmed to lose some of the weight as it's a right lump. Will see how it performs later in the field after charlie!