Thread: Hello from Newbie in Derbyshire

Hello from Newbie in Derbyshire

Hi from Derbyshire. Im new to stalking and this forum, came on to get more info and found it very helpful. I'm a shotgun shooter who was invited stalking in Scotland earlier this year and got the bug. Im currently looking to take my dsc1 and apply for my FAC, however, the land which I have permission over does not have deer so I cannot have anything bigger than a .22-250. Im looking to find a suitable piece of land or syndicate on which to get my proposed .243 for both fox control and my planned trips stalking. Anyway, good to meet you all.

Hiya and welcome to SD you'll not go wrong with the advice, tips and help you get on here bazil

Thanks bazil, great pics by the way, always love to see dogs working

Get yourself up to calton moor tunnel just outside ashbourne. Mike Dickinson runs the place and takes folk out. I'm sure he will see you right.
    "If you can't see it, you can't shoot it"

Quote Originally Posted by scotch_egg View Post
    Get yourself up to calton moor tunnel just outside ashbourne. Mike Dickinson runs the place and takes folk out. I'm sure he will see you right.
    And he can sort you out on the dsc1 - did mine there the biscuit barrel is always full

Hi welcome to the forum, yes +1 on mike dickinson at calton moor range, he will help you with all aspects of your shooting needs, its a very friendly atmospere, everything you need on site, ammo, loading and testing, chrono, plus you can do the dsc1, then onto level 2 as mike is a great AW, usually go up once a week so might see you there sometime soon, Dean

Welcome to the site,

John
    A clever man knows his strengths, a wise man knows his weaknesses