Thread: Drink drivers

Drink drivers

Vraiment très drôle ...! je vous laisse en juger.

True story reported by an English guy who was stopped and asked to give a breathalizer test.

The English guy lives near Le Bugue in the Dordogne and at the time he was stopped he was as pis*ed as a fart...
    The gendarme signals to him to wind down the window then asks him if he has been drinking, and with a slurring speech the English guy replies; 'Yes, this morning I was at my (hic)..daughter's wedding, and as I don't like church much I went to the cafe opposite and had several beers.'
    'Then during the wedding banquet I seem to remember downing three great bottles of wine; (hic)... a corbieres, a Minervois and (hic)...a Faugeres.'
    'Then to finish off during the celebrations.... and (hic) during the evening ...me and my mate downed two bottles of Johnny Walker's black label.'
    Getting impatient the gendarme warns him; 'Do you understand I'm a policeman and have stopped you for an alcohol test'?

The Englishman with a grin on his face replies; 'And do you understand that I'm English, as is my car, and that my wife is sitting in the other seat, at the steering wheel?

This happened to me in glasgow when in my friends german car. We wernt drinking but going a little too fast in a 30. To say the policeman was embarrased would be an understatement.

Reminds me of an RTA callout I had where a police van carrying a prisoner had hit a deer. They sent 2 more cars out, one with a sergeant to check damage and another to transfer the prisoner. By the time I got there, the scene was quite busy, except for the deer had run off! It was a very dark country road with narrow grass verges and it was raining quite steadily. A young policeman ran to the passenger side of my old X-Trail to tell me that I was no longer required. I reached down to the electric window switch on my right hand side and heard the window go down. He obvoiusly heard the window go down as well and stuck his head through to speak to me. Only then did we both realise that I'd accidentally hit the rear left window switch instead! He spread his face all over my passenger window with a very resounding 'thud'!
    MS

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey Spanker View Post
    Reminds me of an RTA callout I had where a police van carrying a prisoner had hit a deer. They sent 2 more cars out, one with a sergeant to check damage and another to transfer the prisoner. By the time I got there, the scene was quite busy, except for the deer had run off! It was a very dark country road with narrow grass verges and it was raining quite steadily. A young policeman ran to the passenger side of my old X-Trail to tell me that I was no longer required. I reached down to the electric window switch on my right hand side and heard the window go down. He obvoiusly heard the window go down as well and stuck his head through to speak to me. Only then did we both realise that I'd accidentally hit the rear left window switch instead! He spread his face all over my passenger window with a very resounding 'thud'!
    MS