Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shotgun coaching costs.....?

Shotgun coaching costs.....?

Can I ask the good members on here what there experience has been regarding the cost of shotgun tuition...? Hourly rate, cartridges/clays included or not...... I have booked a lesson near cambridge, but it seems very (very) expensive, or perhaps my expectations are way off piste.
    ​thanks in advance

edit, there was a misunderstanding on what i was quoted for. Still not cheap, but considerably better than what I was told.
    Last edited by deerstalker.308; 24-10-2013 at 08:16.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Have you not got any pals that can help? You must know someone who is half decent that can give some good advice for free.

i have coached shotgun pistol and rifle both civv'y and mod, and my 2p worth would be to advise you to join a clay club and get free advice from the coaches in said club ,then if you can't sort your pitfalls out or bad habits then book an hour with a coach say basc day up your way

Here's the tariff page for the West Midland SG. I know it's not geographically suitable, but it is offered as an example.

http://www.wmsg.co.uk/ShootingGround...4/Default.aspx
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

for a proper coach (someone like Ed Solomons, who is not only an excellent shot but an excellent coach) you tend to be looking at around 60 an hour and then your clays and carts on top

Quote Originally Posted by ziggy View Post
    for a proper coach (someone like Ed Solomons, who is not only an excellent shot but an excellent coach) you tend to be looking at around 60 an hour and then your clays and carts on top
    That was what I thought, I have just looked at WLSS and Berskshire shooting schools who I know to be good and equally pricey, but they top out at 99 and 122, I was told my lesson would be 130! Urm......no thanks!
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

60 for 100 clays included, cartridges excluded.

atb Tim

http://www.owlslodgeshootingschool.co.uk/ Owned by Richard Faulds. 100 clays, 100 cartridges + instruction = 100. That said Sam Grice has a good name and you may be getting more than 100 shots for you money? I guess it depends as to what standard you're at? If you're shooting 80% at standard sporting layouts then you're going to need to spend big to see much improvement. However if your average is less than 50% then your local gun club or competent amateur should be able to help you improve your scores considerably.

Quote Originally Posted by deerstalker.308 View Post
    Can I ask the good members on here what there experience has been regarding the cost of shotgun tuition...? Hourly rate, cartridges/clays included or not...... I have booked a lesson near cambridge, but it seems very (very) expensive, or perhaps my expectations are way off piste.
    ​thanks in advance

edit, there was a misunderstanding on what i was quoted for. Still not cheap, but considerably better than what I was told.
    Any good ? High Lodge Suffolk : INSTRUCTION