Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you mark your brass for how many times it has been fired?

Do you mark your brass for how many times it has been fired?

As above, and if so - how? I find a small mark on the cup/rim near the headstamp with a juniour hacksaw blade works well and can still be seen after tumbling, and then the next mark is made at 180 to the fiorst mark and then third and fourth at 90 to these so you end up with marks at 12, 3, 6 and 9 o'clock points, by the this point it has done 5 (as the first unmarked is the factory load) and I'm happy to use some factory to get once fired brass.

Just interested to see how people track thier brass.

Regards,

Gixer

I dont want to mark my brass but I do have tubs for each firing and keep them seperate. I cycle through all my brass so when I have no ammo all my brass is at the same number of firing.
    ​Hope that makes sense as it does in my head!
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!
    Another 7mm08 shooter!

I gave up on sorting brass according to number of reloads years ago. I just check the cases before I reload them for any signs of splitting etc. No ill effects to date!

Quote Originally Posted by bk View Post
    I dont want to mark my brass but I do have tubs for each firing and keep them seperate. I cycle through all my brass so when I have no ammo all my brass is at the same number of firing.
    ​Hope that makes sense as it does in my head!
    ​+1 i do the same

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    same as krico, just inspect them carefully after every resize and then again after bullet seating. any suspect ones go in the bin.

I keep them in lots assigned to each gun. My loading records -which I update at every loading- tells me how many times I have loaded that LOT.~Muir

+1
    i load 100 and into mtm boxs used then that all go's in a tub, while they are in use the other 100 are prepped and loaded while i am use'g 1st batch and so on until i see any signs of case failure then all gets crapped and buy new or once fired off this site i have 300 x .308 so only need to reload 4 times a year . more often for the range/foxer .243 600 cases 6 times a year.
    ​plus any new bullets n' powder combo's i feel may give me the golden round still looking!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krico308 View Post
    I gave up on sorting brass according to number of reloads years ago. I just check the cases before I reload them for any signs of splitting etc. No ill effects to date!
    +1 i shoot deer not f-class

Only when head shooting roe out past 400 yards with my Ruger No.1 in 220 Swift.

K

Will a 220 swift shoot that far, all doom and gloom caliber