Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anybody had shingles?

anybody had shingles?

hi guys , not stalking related but , ,,,, i am now on my THIRD week of being laid up with what the docs THINK is shingles, . man ive never had pain like it,
    i cant wear anything on my torso its that sensitive , even a breeze touching me is enough to send waves of pins and needles over me

sweats , fatigue, and just a general feeling of being ill. oh yeah ive lost 15lbs in just over 2 weeks , probably more but i cant be arsed getting out of bed to check

heres why i am posting , i have all the symptoms of shingles but no rash , and no rash means the doc wont give me the drugs for shingles has anybody had this ? if so when did you start to feel well again , as it starting to grind me down
    brian

Had shingles but it sounds like I didn't get it as bad as you. I did get a rash but didn't get to the docs in time to have the anti biotics. Just painkillers which tbh were worse than the pain as they really wiped me out (cocodamol).
    if memory serves it took 2-3 weeks before getting better. Mine really was just an ache down my side like a strained muscle tho.
    all the best with it,
    ​mike

Quote Originally Posted by palmer_mike View Post
    Had shingles but it sounds like I didn't get it as bad as you. I did get a rash but didn't get to the docs in time to have the anti biotics. Just painkillers which tbh were worse than the pain as they really wiped me out (cocodamol).
    if memory serves it took 2-3 weeks before getting better. Mine really was just an ache down my side like a strained muscle tho.
    all the best with it,
    ​mike
    similar, but all I got for it was a paint on ointment that you could taste within seconds of applying! painkillers were just good old paracetemol the worse of the rash was over and done with in about 2 weeks, the pain after 2-3 months (although it still comes back in cold weather and this is 1979 we're talking about!! ) horrible illness and until you've had it you never realise how bad it is, feel for you mate.
    "Politicians must be allowed to panic. They need activity. It is their substitute for achievement"
    "'The matter is under consideration' means we have lost the file. 'The matter is under active consideration' means we are trying to find the file."

get yourself to another doctor is my advice,!!!!! a friend of mine had symptoms just as you describe, his doctor treated him for it for weeks to no avail in the end it turned out to be lymes he is now a shadow of his former self muscle pains weakness and just generally a mess that was all over 10 years ago and he hasn't got any better it's ruined his life
    a barony original

Quote Originally Posted by landkeeper View Post
    get yourself to another doctor is my advice,!!!!! a friend of mine had symptoms just as you describe, his doctor treated him for it for weeks to no avail in the end it turned out to be lymes he is now a shadow of his former self muscle pains weakness and just generally a mess that was all over 10 years ago and he hasn't got any better it's ruined his life
    thanks for cheering me up lol

sorry i wasn't trying to piss you off rather galvanise you into getting checked out elsewhere i'd hate to see someone else go through it i have two friends with lymes , my mrs get shingles and it's no laughing matter but neither her or her sister who both suffer with it get symptoms as you describe
    i hope you sort it out quickly whichever whatever it is
    ps your mailbox is full
    a barony original

Quote Originally Posted by landkeeper View Post
    sorry i wasn't trying to piss you off rather galvanise you into getting checked out elsewhere i'd hate to see someone else go through it i have two friends with lymes , my mrs get shingles and it's no laughing matter but neither her or her sister who both suffer with it get symptoms as you describe
    i hope you sort it out quickly whichever whatever it is
    ps your mailbox is full

emptied now mate

Quote Originally Posted by Scots_stalker View Post
    hi guys , not stalking related but , ,,,, i am now on my THIRD week of being laid up with what the docs THINK is shingles, . man ive never had pain like it,
    i cant wear anything on my torso its that sensitive , even a breeze touching me is enough to send waves of pins and needles over me

sweats , fatigue, and just a general feeling of being ill. oh yeah ive lost 15lbs in just over 2 weeks , probably more but i cant be arsed getting out of bed to check

heres why i am posting , i have all the symptoms of shingles but no rash , and no rash means the doc wont give me the drugs for shingles has anybody had this ? if so when did you start to feel well again , as it starting to grind me down
    brian
    Brian is not looking, your going to Die .

Maybe not of this but it's going to happen .

Quote Originally Posted by widows son View Post
    Brian is not looking, your going to Die .

Maybe not of this but it's going to happen .

i love you tooooo

Yep and had it for months. Hand sized patch on lower back that looked and felt like the cold sore from hell. Unbelievably sensitive and painful. Even after it healed up the area remained tingly and sensitive. Can cause nerve damage apparently.
    Hope it clears quick mate as it really is not much fun. Important doc checks it out and you get tablets for it.