Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Meindl burma pro

Meindl burma pro

Has anyone had any problems with the boots above? about to buy some for this winter.
    atb blue.

Not the above but the Dovre Extremes, utter rubbish, leaked like a siv after a few outings. My 3rd pair of Meindl and my last, look for another boot would be my take on it.

Superb and come in half sizes as quality boots should. Like any leather boots they need a lot of tlc. I also do a lot of hill walking so they are cleaned and proofed regularly. Watch for cracking across top of arch where boot bends and make sure leather is treated and never force dried in sunlight or radiators. Should last you years.

Quote Originally Posted by accurate View Post
    Superb and come in half sizes as quality boots should. Like any leather boots they need a lot of tlc. I also do a lot of hill walking so they are cleaned and proofed regularly. Watch for cracking across top of arch where boot bends and make sure leather is treated and never force dried in sunlight or radiators. Should last you years.
    What do you treat them with, nik wax or something different?
    atb blue

No problems with my Burma Pros - love them

Nik wax or meindl sport wax will keep them dry, they are small boots so you must have some firm dry ground

Yep. I wet wash them in cold water and dont use detergent. Use the wet proofing on them and once fully dried use wax. I tried stuff like neatsfoot in the past but felt the oil rotted the leather over time. Hill walking is little different from stalking in that you might trek through acidic waters and bog. Make sure they are well rinsed in cold water after they are soaked in bog juice lol. Boots are not a cheap item and I would expect three to five years out of mine depending on use.

Quote Originally Posted by accurate View Post
    Yep. I wet wash them in cold water and dont use detergent. Use the wet proofing on them and once fully dried use wax. I tried stuff like neatsfoot in the past but felt the oil rotted the leather over time. Hill walking is little different from stalking in that you might trek through acidic waters and bog. Make sure they are well rinsed in cold water after they are soaked in bog juice lol. Boots are not a cheap item and I would expect three to five years out of mine depending on use.
    A good tip about the acidic water!
    atb blue

the Burma boots are a little low around the ankle i have found Burma Island a better boot ,in between Burma and Dovre for leg hight ,i have all three styles and have worn them daily for years and had no problems ,before them i lived in sprung soled nailed boots in winter and nailed shoe brogues in summer.

A timely post, i have just returned mine, 18 months old but one boot is leaking, i always look after my boots, in fact my last pair were exactly the same model and lasted 5 years, so watch this space, Bramwell have them now, i might have just been unlucky this time.
    Cheers
    Richard