Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peter Lawman

Peter Lawman

Does anyone know if Peter is still trading?

He seems hard to contact these days.
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

From another website the opinion appears to be that he has stopped trading. He always was very difficult to contact.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

Sure hope he's not as he's got a pair of my mates bosses s/s game guns in for a major refurb !

Spoke to him recently, he has stopped trading? He was full of tales of woe, how trade was slow and he had had enough!

SD Regular
    Hmm. I bought some re-packaged Vectan SP7 from him two years ago or more...and it took the primer clean out of the bottom of the case when I tried the first round...loaded to 5% under the starting load recommended in the Vectan manual.

It caused me to have doubts about whether it was really canister SP7 or "bulk grade" SP7. Spoke to contacts in France who said that that loading, in that cartridge, with standard canister SP7 should never have performed that way.

I would NEVER buy powder from him again.
    Last edited by enfieldspares; 25-10-2013 at 12:28.

he's probably not stopped trading, he'll just be waiting on the order from a couple of years ago so he can send me my fmj. Was never the expedient type Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by navaran5 View Post
    Spoke to him recently, he has stopped trading? He was full of tales of woe, how trade was slow and he had had enough!
    It's hardly surprising. I've lost count of the number of times I've called, and left messages over the last few months, with not one reply !

Quote Originally Posted by enfieldspares View Post
    Hmm. I bought some re-packaged Vectan SP7 from him two years ago or more...and it took the primer clean out of the bottom of the case when I tried the first round...loaded to 5% under the starting load recommended in the Vectan manual.

It caused me to have doubts about whether it was really canister SP7 or "bulk grade" SP7. Spoke to contacts in France who said that that loading, in that cartridge, with standard canister SP7 should never have performed that way.

I would NEVER buy powder from him again.
    I purchased TU2000 from him some years ago and it came in an unmarked canister. I wondered about the legality of that at the time and was sufficiently concerned that I phoned him about it. As it happens the powder turned out to be brilliant in my .222 but I still had reservations of powder in unmarked canisters. My first job was to mark the container in indelible marker.
    It's the calibre of the shooter that counts not the calibre of the rifle.

I see that the website was updated today.

Has anyone traded with PL recently?
    "Nonsense! They couldn't hit an elephant at this dista.....................".

I used to get quite a bit of stuff from him, haven't done for a while though due to the contact issues.