Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NV -What have you got ?

NV -What have you got ?

Im thinking of investing in a NV scope or maybe an attachment for an existing scope , budget max is 1200 ish , Im keen to hear your recommendations and experiences .

I recently used a NV750 scope and thought it was a good bit of kit , anyone have an opinion on these ?

Thanks In Advance.

SD Regular
    What are you wanting to use it for - what sort of range etc and on what rifle(s)?
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Red View Post
    What are you wanting to use it for - what sort of range etc and on what rifle(s)?
    Fox/Rabbit - 150yds.- 204 Ruger Howa .
    Last edited by Johno100; 25-10-2013 at 13:13.

Blog Entries
    View my Gallery (39)View my Gallery (39)
    stand by for an expensive list of goodie

bob.
    WARNING: LUPUS IS A KILLER, lets support them in the need to find out what it is, what causes it and how do we defeat it. Donating to LUPUS UK | LUPUS UK

Living with Lupus - YouTube

if it was me get adedicated gen2+ or gen 3 i use d480 same as d760 in gen3 turn on shoot job done no fafing about with knobs or buttons if i had all the time in the world to shoot foxes if they would just sit there then mabey i would purchase digital but as it is its not my thing yet but things are a chainging and digital will get the better of tubed units mark my words so to all the digital manufacturers green screen gain controil seperate from on off swich would be a good start not forgeting 8 mag

SD Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Johno100 View Post
    Fox/Rabbit - 150yds.- 204 Ruger Howa .
    I'd be looking hard at the Yukon Photon and doubler and a Nightmaster NM800 IR - well under your budget, but a safe first foray into NV.
    Nooooooooooooobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!! Our main weapon is.........

I'd be looking hard at the Yukon Photon and doubler and a Nightmaster NM800 IR - well under your budget, but a safe first foray into NV.
    I'd hold off on the 200+ NM800 and try a converted T20 torch for 45 odd..... available from Marky610/nite-tek or sikastag/Ian/IR lightbuilds. Somewhere in here www.nightvisionforumuk.com View forum - Sales and wanted items, swaps, e.t.c

Loads of useful info on that forum on the Photon and the T20's.

Using my G3 14 last night with the T20 on the Photon turned on I could see a biq square of the focused T20 on the field way out to an easy 200m. There are other options too and all cheaper than the NM.... although I do have one in red and find that very useful for spotting.

's me

atb

Fizz

I wouldn't advise the Photon for Foxing with a .204 - You need at least an N750 with a doubler + a good IR Illuminator.

V8 90 why wouldnt you advise the photon ?

I don't think the picture quality is good enough for 150yd + (I have 1 on a Hmr) A doubler can be fitted but the screen inside is what it is.