sat awaiting the phone call tonight

lowfarm

had a call today at work from my DSC 2 portfolio assessor asked if he could ring me tonight after 7 pm so lets see how this one goes.

best of luck to you. My grilling was from Ben Andrews and to be fair was an enjoyable call and left me feeling the dsc2 had real credibility as a training/proof of experience qualification.

best of luck to you. My grilling was from Ben Andrews and to be fair was an enjoyable call and left me feeling the dsc2 had real credibility as a training/proof of experience qualification.

Hi Mate, your saying a grilling could you ellaborate please, as i too could be awaiting a call soon?
Regards Neil

Well that's that phone call over with was told it was a good portfolio with only a couple of problems all questions answered and told I did well and that've has I problem in signing it off and it was good well that's that Lv 2 done next deer managers course next October

Well done Lowfarm,how long has the process taken from submission of portfolio and who was your assessor??
Portfolio submitted to BDS 20th sept so thats 5 weeks from submission to call from paul in devon then portfolio off to cross T,s and dot the i with internal verifier all done ok with in the next couple of weeks

Maybe grilling is the wrong description.
its an indepth conversation covering all aspects of your portfolio and a some questions you really should know from level one.
I would suggest having a copy of your portfolio to hand and revise the details of what you did prior to the call. Ultimately be confident in your ability to dispatch a deer and follow best practice to enter the carcass into the human food chain.

Congratulations "lowfarm" a great boost for your confidence, make sure you book yourself in on the Deer Managers Course next year.

​Well done mate,

sjb.

ps, top advice from limulus, have it all laid out in front of you, copies of naratives and your portfolio, plus training manual, deer diseases, and copy of lymph node chain, hope all goes well

ps, top advice from limulus, have it all laid out in front of you, copies of naratives and your portfolio, plus training manual, deer diseases, and copy of lymph node chain, hope all goes well

it was all committed to memory mate i got my call on friday night i was sat waiting for him to ring me as i was on the site i answered all his questions though he was concerned that i shot a fallow pricket at 220 yards for my assessment

Congratulations on your L2!

I was the same, I'd been so careful to be prepared, carrying my portfolio to work etc and then got admitted to hospital without it and you guessed it... he rang up! :doh:

Alex

Back