Thread: So I went to my local gunshop and I came out with this.......

So I went to my local gunshop and I came out with this.......

I went to my local gun shop today as I was looking for a new shotgun. Before going I'd set my maximum at about 700, but I ended up spending slightly more than I'd planned.

This is what I bought, it's a Tecni Mec SRL 702. I've never heard of this particular model, but I do like the woodwork, and even more importantly, it seems to fit me quite well.

A couple of things worry me slightly though. The first is that it's rather old for a new gun as a quick bit of research has shown that it was made in 1995. Secondly is that as far as I can see, it isn't proved for steel, as it hasn't got the Fleur de Lys mark. It has 3" chambers though, so is presumably magnum proofed (I've no idea what this mark should look like though).

So I'm in two minds as to whether I should keep it or not.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020694.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	33973Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020695.JPG 
Views:	246 
Size:	356.3 KB 
ID:	33974Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020696.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	283.7 KB 
ID:	33975

I think that is rather nice, if it was me I would keep it

Should have 1200 kg on it if its 3 inch Magnum.

Nice looking gun,but why part with your money if your not sure about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by 2434me View Post
    Should have 1200 kg on it if its 3 inch Magnum. Nice looking gun,but why part with your money if your not sure about it ?
    Well basically because it wasn't until I came home and did a bit of research that I found out that it was so old and wasn't proofed for steel. Lead shot was banned here in 1996, so I think it is reasonable to assume that when buying a new gun it should be ready for use with steel shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartan_Terrier View Post
    I went to my local gun shop today as I was looking for a new shotgun. Before going I'd set my maximum at about 700, but I ended up spending slightly more than I'd planned.

This is what I bought, it's a Tecni Mec SRL 702. I've never heard of this particular model, but I do like the woodwork, and even more importantly, it seems to fit me quite well.

A couple of things worry me slightly though. The first is that it's rather old for a new gun as a quick bit of research has shown that it was made in 1995. Secondly is that as far as I can see, it isn't proved for steel, as it hasn't got the Fleur de Lys mark. It has 3" chambers though, so is presumably magnum proofed (I've no idea what this mark should look like though).

So I'm in two minds as to whether I should keep it or not.......

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020694.JPG 
Views:	235 
Size:	161.6 KB 
ID:	33973Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020695.JPG 
Views:	246 
Size:	356.3 KB 
ID:	33974Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P1020696.JPG 
Views:	186 
Size:	283.7 KB 
ID:	33975
    Then why the heck did you buy it?? I buy a lot of guns on impulse but I seldom consider selling it after a few hours!

I am not much of a shotgunner but I used to sell them. I'm not certain that any bore is completely immune to the effects of steel shot. This may be the reason why the gun remained on the rack for the better part of 2 decades.~Muir

its a nice one, why not if you are stuck with a lead spitter bring it to the uk and try your luck passing it on if you are coming over at some point !! or play the dumb card and go back and say this gun has no steel proof marks i said it was for fowling !!! type comment? and get you cash back .