Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nomad Smock or Swedteam Titan Pro?

Nomad Smock or Swedteam Titan Pro?

Folks

for general stalking; hill and lowland, what would be the general opinion on these two smocks, any preferences or advice what to spend my hard earned on? I know both are top end and expensive but having recently been out in particularly bad weather I have discovered my current jacket is not up to the task.

Many thanks

SD Regular
    North yorkshire/sometimes down south and occasionally further north
    my past experience of nomad is holds water like a sponge and gets heavy, and you WILL sweat under extertion regardless! I,ve used the beretta dws goretex jacket when I worked on the hill ans now during lowland work, and can honestly say its done me proud! and by hill I mean glenstrathfarrar so wet and windy indeed! and snow!
    They do a green version for around 200 quid or cheaper, I know crockharts at blairgowrie sold them and you can get them off ebay, I have an optifade one and previous to that I had the apg version which I had on the hill. I sold the apg one as it was a large and I lost a bit of weight and went for a medium optifade which at the time was 270 quid from Glasgow fieldsports.
    The titan pro looks a good jacket, I would like to give one a good trial myself but very expensive for what it is and would say it is more suited to hill terrain than lowland due to its colour. Another thing with nomad is that it goes darker when it's wet.

If you are only choosing between the titan and the nomad, I would go with the titan.

i would have to disagree with the above comments .
    I wear nomad gear all year round and it does not hold water and by no means get heavy.
    yes they are top end clothing but they will out last anything else out there .
    pm me if you want some prices

steve

Quote Originally Posted by hunterscabin View Post
    i would have to disagree with the above comments .
    I wear nomad gear all year round and it does not hold water and by no means get heavy.
    yes they are top end clothing but they will out last anything else out there .
    pm me if you want some prices

steve
    Ah but a cynic would also point out that you might be biased as yousell them too........ Just sayin......
    ​ Have you thought about swazi tahr? I bought one this year and wouldn't stalk without it now. Similarly priced as well.
    Opinions are like arseholes....... we all have them, and most of them stink

Thanks for replies folks, I had ruled out the swazi due to tax, sizing (trying one for fit) etc, but if you can convince me otherwise?

just got a stealth tweed nomad smock my self on ebay 270 yet to test it, but the quality is second to none . stalking this weekend so will let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy r View Post
    just got a stealth tweed nomad smock my self on ebay 270 yet to test it, but the quality is second to none . stalking this weekend so will let you know how it goes.
    I have had a stealth tweed nomad smock for a about a year and yet to have real test.I was away on a father and son trip with the cubs at Lochgoilhead Argyll and it got a testing for three days ,it pissed down not stop.I have to say it passed with 5 stars.I can agree it does hold the water along the bottom edge but it was raining very,very hard.
    Do you know what nemesis means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent, personified in this case by a 'orrible c@#t, me.

Another nomad smock user, keeps you dry no probs, water always runs down to bottom edge so you need something on bottom that's also water proof, (which you would do anyhow) bottom of cuffs have a tendency to have water around them, all in all good piece of kit, coupled up with the salopettes when sitting around there is nothing warmer or dryer in my opinion.
    ​George.

Thanks for all the replies folks