Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Where are the cormorants?

Where are the cormorants?

Like others on here, I control cormorants on a local fishery and in 2011 & 2012 I was pestering NE mid August for the licence then by September we were inundated with the pests. To date this year not 1 cormorant has shown. I can only put it down to the mild weather. Is anyone else experiencing the same this year?
    Wingy
    unless you can prove it beyond all reasonable doubt, it wasn't me. If you can prove it then you must be mistaken

Quote Originally Posted by Wingy View Post
    Like others on here, I control cormorants on a local fishery and in 2011 & 2012 I was pestering NE mid August for the licence then by September we were inundated with the pests. To date this year not 1 cormorant has shown. I can only put it down to the mild weather. Is anyone else experiencing the same this year?
    Wingy
    had 2 on fly in last week on to our water but only 1 made it off there not seen the other 1 about !! yes its that time of year

there are big rafts of cormorants working on sprats around the isles , they arrived last week but i think they are our home grown stock . so they must be fishing at sea

There seems to be a lot of these lovely birds flying up the Forth.

Seen a few out in the estuary but none inland yet thankfully.

Neil.

Had 3 fly onto the pond on the end of our lane the other day the haven't stopped but it's bad news as the nearest sea is over 100 mile away
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo1984 View Post
    Had 3 fly onto the pond on the end of our lane the other day the haven't stopped but it's bad news as the nearest sea is over 100 mile away
    Comorants can cover a lot of ground in little time they are strong fliers once they have got there wings dry ,and they fly in a direct line, if you are in Yorkshire you carnt get 100 miles from the sea, still one thing no one mentiond they are better eating than you might think ,at one time there was a market for them in Shetland

Quote Originally Posted by bruce w View Post
    Comorants can cover a lot of ground in little time they are strong fliers once they have got there wings dry ,and they fly in a direct line, if you are in Yorkshire you carnt get 100 miles from the sea, still one thing no one mentiond they are better eating than you might think ,at one time there was a market for them in Shetland
    Sorry my mistake I reckon I maybe about 70 miles or so from sea , wow I never knew that they were good eating still I suppose there's a lot of things we don't eat anymore that we used to
    There are no perfect men in this world ..... Only perfect intentions

you can have ours if you want some, i often see 40 or more on our mere bloody things I don't even think they control them here, wayne

http://www.facebook.com/pages/UKSHA/502164506587351
    uksha
    Discretion assured - call us anytime, free on 0800 689 0857
    please visit our web site: uksha1
    or find us on facebook
    Sponsored proudly by Pfanner, Blaser, Clark Forest, John Forsey sports

would they taste diffrent feeding on fresh water, off salt water they have a tuna taste